Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put the pads in you would have had to push the pistons? in to make space for the new (thicker) pads. Sometimes they collect dust and road grime and can stick. I would take the pads out again and clean the piston area so they move more easily. Dont squeeze the brake lever when its apart - it gets messy.

Hope this helps - my friend had the same problem on his bike after the dealer installed new pads on his back disc.

Go hard or go home

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
a little bit of rubbing is normal, all bikes with this style of brakes do rub the smallest little bit.

If you can actually feel the brakes causing friction when your walking the bike around, then thats a problem, but if you just here a little noise, no biggie.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just changed my front pads and notice that both sides appear to be rubbing on the discs while the bike is moving. Nothing too serious but a noticable rubbing sound nevertheless. Is this normal when new pads are fitted. (Braking efficiency is unaffected).

Thanks

Tim ('96 F2)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Go for a 5 mile spin (normal riding) and if one caliper is warmer than another, then the pistons are binding.

Ash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.