Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Im new to this site and want to know which brake pads are excellent for a 00'zx-6r. Also, want to know which brake pads do the 00' currently carry. I heard of EBC, FERODO, SPIEGLER, ETC..but there is too much to list, so want to know from a few which is highly recommended. Keep in mind it's for a street bike not track bike. Thanks and Cool Website. [8]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
EBC HH pads are decent pads at a reasonable price. They are also widely available. Pads are one of those personal preference things like oil. Everyone has a favorite brand.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The EBC HH sintered pad is a popular choice. Because of its hard initial bite, many riders do not also try other, better pads.

I prefer the Performance Friction 95 compound pad. It has a softer initial bite, but much more feel and less drag. Other PFC compounds have a harder initial bite.

According to Chuck Graves of Graves Motorsports fame, the PFC pads are the best they have tested. Check out his take on r1-forum.com.

You can get inexpensive PFC pads at nationalfleetparts.com.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Interesting, I will look into those pads when it is time for new pads. How long do the factory pads usually last?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by csoto23

How long do the factory pads usually last?
Pad life varies with riding style. Both pads in a caliper should be replaced as a set when the lining thickness of either pad is less than the 1-mm service limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.