Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get some new brake pads for my bike and I want to get a good brand. I bought some for my old bike not knowing anything about pads about 2 years ago and they sucked so bad. I don't want to make the same mistake again. Does anyone know of some good pads that are reasonably priced that I can get off the internet. They are for a 04 R6.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
[:Dumbass]

Though I can't speak from personal experience, everything I have read about the EBC HH pads is positive. I will let you know how they really are in a week.:)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
make sure that if you are going to use the HH you have the correct rotor for it, if you are running a stock rotor it will mess it up something fierce, i have heard really good things about EBC Black, personaly i use the organic and have no complaints about them...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by 02 z_x_6_r
make sure that if you are going to use the HH you have the correct rotor for it, if you are running a stock rotor it will mess it up something fierce, i have heard really good things about EBC Black, personaly i use the organic and have no complaints about them...
I believe the HH's are fine for any steel rotor.

The 05-06 6R's have steel rotors and I would think the ones on the 04 R6 would be as well.

Good idea to make sure though.;)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Been running HH's for almost 2 seasons now and have put around 20,000 miles on them and there still pretty good wear wise. No rotor problems.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Don't believe the hype!! Buy Vesrah RJL pads and don't look back.

--David

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Almost every new sportbike since 02/03 has came with Sintered pads from the factory so you will be able to run the HH's just fine.

EBC make a good pad, great for daily use and the occasional track use. The Vesrah pads are alot mone $$$ but are a better pad as well.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
I'm using HH on my stock rotors & they're FINE. Good, progressive brake "feel", and solid stopping power. The stainless twin brake lines don't hurt either, lol.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
Don't believe the hype!! Buy Vesrah RJL pads and don't look back.

--David
the only good recommendation so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.