Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am thinking of upgrading my front brake pads and also installing metal brake lines.

I am looking for honest opinions from people who have tried this already along with average cost and satisfaction levels!

The big problem here in Greece is the low grip level of the roads especially in the cities where most roads have a mirror-finish shine. To put things in perspective, I 've seen scooters locking their rear end and crashing by only chopping the throttle :eek:hno:

So what I am looking for is an increase in braking power and better feel, but not abruptness and brakes like an on/off switch.

All opinions welcome :cheers:

·
Pursebully
39,243 Posts
Hi guys, I am thinking of upgrading my front brake pads and also installing metal brake lines.

I am looking for honest opinions from people who have tried this already along with average cost and satisfaction levels!

The big problem here in Greece is the low grip level of the roads especially in the cities where most roads have a mirror-finish shine. To put things in perspective, I 've seen scooters locking their rear end and crashing by only chopping the throttle :eek:hno:

So what I am looking for is an increase in braking power and better feel, but not abruptness and brakes like an on/off switch.

All opinions welcome :cheers:
Lines will get you better feel and more braking power. Pads will really do nothing for what you're looking to accomplish.

Reactions: GR rider

·
Pursebully
39,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Agreed. SS lines are the best upgrade.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Definitely agree with the lines. I also have EBC HH pads but for everyday street riding, you will not notice a difference. I am fond of them at the track though.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the feedback, I guess I am going for steel lines and organic pads then :)

Definitely agree with the lines. I also have EBC HH pads but for everyday street riding, you will not notice a difference. I am fond of them at the track though.
I don't know if these pads are sintered-metalic or not and I would definitely like better track performance but I can't compromise street riding safety because of the roads here.

Many thanks for your input though :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
One of the vendors here is offering free rear lines when you buy the front. I have a set from them in my garage waiting to go on. Saved about $40 buying the set from them. I believe the vendor is hard racing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: GR rider

·
Pursebully
39,243 Posts
Thank you all for the feedback, I guess I am going for steel lines and organic pads then :)

I don't know if these pads are sintered-metalic or not and I would definitely like better track performance but I can't compromise street riding safety because of the roads here.

Many thanks for your input though :thumbup:
Unless your front pads are worn out or you're racing, there is no reason to replace them. Your money though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Unless your front pads are worn out or you're racing, there is no reason to replace them. Your money though.
I agree with this. How many miles do you have? My stock pads had 4 track days and 11k miles and could have gone another 10k. Since I bought the HH pads though, I had to put them on. :)

Also, I was not stating the HH pads are worse on the street, just stating you don't need them on the street compared to stock. The track is where you will actually notice a difference though. That is unless you ride on the street like the track as I know some people do.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with this. How many miles do you have? My stock pads had 4 track days and 11k miles and could have gone another 10k. Since I bought the HH pads though, I had to put them on. :)

Also, I was not stating the HH pads are worse on the street, just stating you don't need them on the street compared to stock. The track is where you will actually notice a difference though. That is unless you ride on the street like the track as I know some people do.
Thanks for clarifying that, I still have the standard pads, I bought the bike new and I have 32.000 km.

I use my motorcycle as a joy machine as I don't have to go to work with it and I visit the race track at least two times per year plus one 3.000km trip per year. So I guess it's 70% hard riding, 20% track riding and 10% long distance and commuting but, alas, on the very slipery roads I mentioned above.

Optically the pads are still ok but I think that replacing them now, along with the new lines, is well justified.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered a set of lines from them on the 24th and received them on the 28th. I plan on installing them this weekend. Couldn't be happier with the company Hard Racing at this point. I even ordered a set of rearsets from them, they are doing a group buy on those right now as well.
Good to hear this, please take a minute to share your impressions here :D

Ground clearance is the most annoying and limiting factor on the track so I would also be delighted to know what you think of the rearsets and how they affect the rider's posture in general when you install them!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good to hear this, please take a minute to share your impressions here :D

Ground clearance is the most annoying and limiting factor on the track so I would also be delighted to know what you think of the rearsets and how they affect the rider's posture in general when you install them!
Unfortunately the biggest limiting factor for me is my lack of skill. I'm working on that though. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately the biggest limiting factor for me is my lack of skill. I'm working on that though. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
My skills are nothing special too, believe me, but these ******* pegs are WAY too low!

Anyway, everytime I think I am doing something special on the track there's always some guy braking ages later or passing me with like 20mph more round the outside while adjusting his chin strap :headscratch:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts