Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

· Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
447 Posts
I personally have seen 2 different sets of Goldfren sintered pads delaminating and pulling of the steel backing plate. Ive been using SBS sintered for years so I would rather tust in something I know. They also supply OEM to several of the brake manufacturers.
Ah Goldfren, the 125 cheapass' go to brake pads... I see too many of them. on the road and they are a hazard.

Talking about SBS, i installed the SBS LS pads in the XR and whilst they're not a shocking upgrade like it was on the EBC it's great to see it bedded in really quick and performs just as well as the previous pads that were in. Great feel, Good bite and solid control. As expected, unfortunately OEM BMW brakes are pretty good so the upgrade was not as pronounced but for how affordable SBS pads are too, it's great value and top performance.

· Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
447 Posts
Back once again with another set of SBS pads, this time the 900SP for my S1000XR.
And wow.

I wanna get the old red brembos out of the way. I can't confirm but there is a chance those brembos were in the bike since it's manufacture, so for 23900 miles, which is impressive. But even if not, they've been in there at least as long as I had the bike, so since 15000 miles, that's still almost 9000 miles. For reference I did an EBC HH pad in my ER6 once every 6-7k miles.
In all fairness these pads were absolutely TOAST when they came out, about 0.5mm material left.
I've had a big fade issue with these brembos but I reckon that's been because of old fluid, as after changing the fluid I had a big improvement in brake feel, although I didn't test brake fade again since then (multiple back to back hard stops from 130-140mph).
Anyway they never had great feel to them, they were incredibly mediocre, meh bite, meh, modulation, meh overall power, and they were rather noisy.

Now with the rear SBS from the rear Brembos, it wasn't a significant upgrade, but looking at it now, I think getting an Organic feeling Sintered Pad like the LS pads in the rear of the bike is impressive on it's own, although you'd be hard pressed to get rear brakes to fade, for the fronts, being Sintered OEM as well, wow. What an absolute difference. Only have 20 miles on the pads so they haven't even bedded in properly and already it has superior crystal clean bite point and excellent modulation, I feel like I have to pull with half as much force to get the same braking effort as with the Brembos. Haven't had a chance to test them for fade but I got the SP which is the high end street compound the HS is the OEM replacement, and the RST is the track compound that i reckon would need a bit of heat before they work properly, but can't say either way.. Amazing cold performance and amazing feedback straight off the bat. Can't talk about longevity yet but this cold performance alone is worth it's weight in gold. Immensely impressed. I'd like to thank GR Rider for taking the plunge and showing me these amazing pads. Pads were something I was always iffy about but I didn't know the playing field so I only ever bought EBC HH as everyone was praising them. I was gonna try for some Vesrah brake pads but SBS ended up being such a big upgrade over the EBCs and Brembos I doubt they'd be significantly better and they cost a fortune! That's another beauty of these pads, is they are extremely high quality whilst also costing about 10-15% less than EBC and 20-25% less than Brembo.

Again, big thumbs up for SBS pads. I was sceptical on for the front pads based on my experience with the rear pads thinking BMW brakes were just that good, but the fronts really surprised me.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Back once again with another set of SBS pads, this time the 900SP for my S1000XR.
And wow.

I wanna get the old red brembos out of the way. I can't confirm but there is a chance those brembos were in the bike since it's manufacture, so for 23900 miles, which is impressive. But even if not, they've been in there at least as long as I had the bike, so since 15000 miles, that's still almost 9000 miles. For reference I did an EBC HH pad in my ER6 once every 6-7k miles.
In all fairness these pads were absolutely TOAST when they came out, about 0.5mm material left.
I've had a big fade issue with these brembos but I reckon that's been because of old fluid, as after changing the fluid I had a big improvement in brake feel, although I didn't test brake fade again since then (multiple back to back hard stops from 130-140mph).
Anyway they never had great feel to them, they were incredibly mediocre, meh bite, meh, modulation, meh overall power, and they were rather noisy.

Now with the rear SBS from the rear Brembos, it wasn't a significant upgrade, but looking at it now, I think getting an Organic feeling Sintered Pad like the LS pads in the rear of the bike is impressive on it's own, although you'd be hard pressed to get rear brakes to fade, for the fronts, being Sintered OEM as well, wow. What an absolute difference. Only have 20 miles on the pads so they haven't even bedded in properly and already it has superior crystal clean bite point and excellent modulation, I feel like I have to pull with half as much force to get the same braking effort as with the Brembos. Haven't had a chance to test them for fade but I got the SP which is the high end street compound the HS is the OEM replacement, and the RST is the track compound that i reckon would need a bit of heat before they work properly, but can't say either way.. Amazing cold performance and amazing feedback straight off the bat. Can't talk about longevity yet but this cold performance alone is worth it's weight in gold. Immensely impressed. I'd like to thank GR Rider for taking the plunge and showing me these amazing pads. Pads were something I was always iffy about but I didn't know the playing field so I only ever bought EBC HH as everyone was praising them. I was gonna try for some Vesrah brake pads but SBS ended up being such a big upgrade over the EBCs and Brembos I doubt they'd be significantly better and they cost a fortune! That's another beauty of these pads, is they are extremely high quality whilst also costing about 10-15% less than EBC and 20-25% less than Brembo.

Again, big thumbs up for SBS pads. I was sceptical on for the front pads based on my experience with the rear pads thinking BMW brakes were just that good, but the fronts really surprised me.

View attachment 139585
Great, thanks for the info my friend, I was convinced that these pads would work brilliantly with a high end braking system and now it's confirmed! An excellent product, well developed and refined and definitely one click above regular sintered pads :)

· Registered
Race 09 ER650N,07 SV650S,Cbx250 twister,86 Gsxr750. Road 13 GTR 1400, ER650F,06 SV650S,86 Gsxr1100
111 Posts
Run them them with me zx10r frt end with 16mm Brembo Master Cylinder and on the rear stock calipers. Very effective and good progressive feel. Use them on all my bikes.

Reactions: GR rider
121 - 128 of 128 Posts