Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a ZX6-RR 03 and am looking for upgrade for the brakes, as I dont find them at all near good enough. Ive looked at nissins from the newer 6's and 14's but because theyre so popular theyre going for more then $300 U.S now days. I was wondering would HH sintered pads + SBK Braided lines be more then enough or are the nissins a must have?

Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I believe HH's come stock on our bikes, or at least mine did. New lines will most certainly not hurt. Do you change your brake fluid often?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im pretty sure mine are race pads as the bike was ex team kawasaki supersport. I havent changed the pads or fluid since buying it about 10 months ago but then again I'm yet to put on many K'ms onto it thanks to the shitty Sydney weather we've had in the past year.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Remember that brake fluid deteriorates as well from UV light, even if it's only sitting there. Should be changed every riding season I believe.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
...and some racing brake pads make the brakes feel shitty, as they need some heavy riding before they warm up and start to bite.

My own pads needed a healthy half an hour of fast curvy road before the brakes started to work like they should. I'm going for a little bit more street oriented pads next season, probly the HH:s.

Which one is better: 05 mc or 07 mc? Just bought the latter. :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yup. 05 is Tokico and 07 Nissin, aren't they? Those Nissin calipers are going for crazy prizes in ebay... :| Thank god I have the whole winter to search for a goog deal.

It's a bit funny, that ZX14 has Nissins all around and ZX6R has them only in the front - the rear caliper is same Tokico but painted black. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I regret not getting them for the $150 they were going for just 2 months ago now they upto around $350 a pop plus the Aus dollar is weaker against the green back....god im stupid....anyway I've put together my complete bike upgrade;

* 07- 08 ZX6R MC
* 07 Nissin calipers
* SBK braided steel lines
* HH sintered pads

Anything else?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Im pretty sure mine are race pads as the bike was ex team kawasaki supersport. I havent changed the pads or fluid since buying it about 10 months ago but then again I'm yet to put on many K'ms onto it thanks to the shitty Sydney weather we've had in the past year.
Your bike is an "ex-team Kawasaki SS" and you need to upgrade the brakes??

* 07- 08 ZX6R MC
* 07 Nissin calipers
* SBK braided steel lines
* HH sintered pads

Anything else?
I would strongly suggest Vesrah RJL's over EBC HH's.

I would also suggest changing "only" the lines and pads (and obviously fluid) and then see how you like the setup. The calipers and MC can always be changed later, but the addition of lines, new pads and fresh fluid will make a world of difference.

--David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts