Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
by running the bike at no more than 20-25mph (making sure that your RPMs never get above 4500) straight into a brick wall. your blood and tears will provide your bike all the nourishment it needs.

how about you use the search tool slappy. click the link in my signature.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Pull the right lever?

:welcome:

There are many theories on what is best (like oil and tires)

If you are in doubt or unsure, you can't go wrong with the owner's manual procedures

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
yer in the manual it says that i shouldnt go over 6000 rpm for 600 miles but i can get to about 60 mph with out going over that. and the guy in the first post says dont go over 20-- 25 mph im confused lol
He was just being a jerk. :p

You can go past 6k if need be. The most important thing is to not keep it in high RPM's for long time (and def no redlining).

Warm the bike up properly before a ride and change the oil often and you'll be fine (<---- that's more important than the break-in procedure)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Not to sound rude but seriously there are so many of these threads. And to answer your quesetion: Break it like you stole it!!!

And I'm serious.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
ok thanks for the info joonyaboy. and devilrey im gd man i dont fancy like fucking something that i just payed £4000 for or like 6000 dollers i think thats about the right exchange rate
Okay, have you searched or googled how someone f'd up their bike because they didn't break it in properly? I have yet to hear someone cry how they didn't break it in properly.

Heck I could be wrong. But with FI engines, technology has come a long way for a simple break-in procedure just to mess it up.

Read and research break-ins. Some tell you to basically rev the piss out of it and some just to baby it. I've owned 6 bikes and did both break-in procedures yet they all handled the same. So WTF? Which is correct?

My lastest one? I rode the piss out of it. Is the engine still good after 6000 miles? Hell ya! Stronger than eva! So what gives?

Think about it!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
you are right dude the engine may not fu++ up but i dont want to take the chance thats all

didnt mean to offend u

Haha...I'm not offended nor should anyone be. The internet is very two dimensional so I can see why tone can be interpreted the wrong way.

I know it's your bike and you don't want to chance anything...I totally understand that.

I'm just saying... :D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ride it like you stole it, and do a search.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
first post says dont go over 20-- 25 mph im confused lol
i also said you should run it into a brick wall... did you take my advice? if so, is that why you are confused? :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Running in :
I was told ignore the manual which says dont exceed something like 4K revs, and do half the pre-redline revs. (that was by a main kawi dealer).
For the 1st few hundred be gentle with it, dont go over 6K, but do keep changing gear, running a bike in with 90% of the miles in 6th is not good for the bike.

Once you get the 600 miles done its great fun, dont now if yours is like mine but up to 6000 rev's its pretty slow but really feels like its ready to get going the closer you get to 6k.

How are you finding it?

Mark.

·
Registered
317 Posts
run it hard, dont hold it at red line. Run it though the rpm range. i mean, very the rpms high low, ok not too hard though. U are only brackin the piston ring, they do need to seat it, if u run like what the book says u may be braking the bike instend brakeing it in. Get ride of the synthetic and put in mineral. Factory bikes have synthetic thats very bad for a new born...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.