Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I took my bike out for a ride, and the brakes sucked. I mean, they really sucked. the bike would hardly stop, and i wasn't even riding it hard. could it be the weather? it was abuot 25 degrees and lightly snowing out. there wasnt any snow on the roads and the tires weren't skidding. i do have 8600 miles on the bike, but it's a 2002

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
A couple of possible explanations, brakes just don't work as well until they are warm and when your bike sits the rotors rust up a bit. The first couple of stops usually make it go away. Make a couple of hard stops from high speed and see if it improves.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
did you get anything on your brake rotors or bads?

I was cleaning my bike and got alittle WD-40 on the rotor and the bike wouldn't stop worth shit until I cleaned it off....

perhaps oil or somethign splashed up....you might want to check...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na i cleaned them today and it's better, but it seems like it needs to be adjusted or maybe new pads. is there any way to adjust them without bleeding them? or is that the only way to adjust hydraulic brakes? i'll prob buy pads anyway cause i do a lot of riding in the spring and summer and wont have time to change them thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
What do you use to clean the rotors. I have my bike in the basement for the winter and I have been cleaning it up recently and may have gotten WD-40 on the rotors. Thanks.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.......yeah right!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.