Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Nakama, I have been riding mopeds for about 2 years now, (anywhere from 49cc's all the way up to a 250cc). I just bought a 1981 Kawasaki KZ440! I love it to death. I have never driven a standard motorbike before. Today was literally my first time. I killed it 3 times then got the hang of it.
My only complaint is that since I am only 5.5 and 125 pounds, it is a little heavy. I almost dropped i! :eek: Did I make a bad choice in buying this bike? (any advice?)

·
Registered
39 Posts
first of let me say welcome to the forum and riding community alike.
In my opinion you did not make a bad choice. Most of the standard/sporty type bikes are going to weigh about the same anywhere from 350-450.
I too am very short being 5'4" 145lbs and i have a 2010 z000 which is quotedaround 460-480 lbs. once you get used to it itwont even phase you. :) good luck man and lets get some pics up when you can

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not sure if your state requires it but you may want to think about taking an MSF course. Theyll help you with the basics and if you drop their bikes who cares. Plus you usually get a discount on insurance.

Good luck and welcome to the site.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts