Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know what everyone has done. Did you guys follow the manual or motoman, and hows your engine is running now?

·
Registered
201 Posts
First I am gonna warn ya bc They are gonna jump on you for re posting.

I am trying to stay around 4k but honestly it's just not realistic for me. I have only taken it up to around 6500 but When I talked to the dealer they said it's more important to vary the throttle than keep it under a certain speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First I am gonna warn ya bc They are gonna jump on you for re posting.

I am trying to stay around 4k but honestly it's just not realistic for me. I have only taken it up to around 6500 but When I talked to the dealer they said it's more important to vary the throttle than keep it under a certain speed.

lol @ repostin' i don't have time for going through every page to 1st see if any1 has asked this question. 2nd thanx for the reply.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Trust me I don't have the time either I got about 30 min. I wont harass people for reposting. I think that is a waste of time. I just thought Id warn ya.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Search function does wonders and does not take a lot of time.

My dealer told me to ride it like I would normally not going over 8000 rpms for an extended amount of time. The bike runs great. As it got broke in, it appeared to gain more power. Uses no oil as another post had reported.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You don't have time to type in "break in 250" in the search bar, but you have time to repeatedly check the thread you started. lol

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
his time is more important than ours....lol
no, it isn't. :p

curious... what section was this posted in originally? NM, I searched and found it. It should have stayed there, imo. :D

But... I love people that don't search and refuse to do so when advised... makes for rich entertainment. :violent:

"lol @ repostin' i don't have time for going through every page to 1st see if any1 has asked this question."

OP, do you even know how to use the search function?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
If you two don't quit it, I'm going to report you to a moderator.

oh wait. :evil6:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you two don't quit it, I'm going to report you to a moderator.

oh wait. :evil6:
yep, you need to look closely for the green user names, what with the revolving door mod policy that has been in effect recently. :p

hoser... thanks for moving this post here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
i tried to keep it at 4K...at least i tried for the first 15 miles i put on it...after that i just rode it at about 7-8k RPMs...

Like my MSF instructor said...they wont know at the kawasaki dealership...i am not sure if i believe him...but oh well...she broken in now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts