Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of this method of breaking in your bike. It just seems to me that it is way to quick for a new bike. Does anyone have any opinions/suggestions on the matter. you can e-mail me at [email protected] (Below is the break in method that I was talking about)

First ride
Ride for 10 to 15 minutes at 3,000 to 5,000 rpm. Vary the engine load and avoid top gear. Then, allow the engine to cool to ambient temperature.

Second ride
Ride for 10 to 15 minutes at 5,000 to 7,000 rpm. Vary the engine load, use short bursts of acceleration, and avoid top gear. Then, allow the engine to cool to ambient temperature.

Third ride
Ride for 10 to 15 minutes at a maximum of 8,000 to 9,000 rpm. Vary the engine load, use short bursts of acceleration, and avoid top gear. While the engine is warm, change the oil and filter—use high-quality low-viscosity conventional oil such as Valvoline SAE 30 motor oil. Do not use synthetic motor oil.

Subsequent rides
Ride for 15 to 20 minutes gradually increasing the engine load toward redline. Avoid lugging the engine but rev it freely, especially in the lower gears.

After 250 to 500 miles, check valve clearance. After 500 miles, check the steering. After 500 to 1,500 miles on conventional motor oil, change to synthetic motor oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.