Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
in the winter time it gets like 30-40 degrees. im thinking maybe i should get a leather jacket and wear a tank top underneath it, or get a mesh with lots of layers underneath.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Arturo, I have the Joe Rocket textile, and they make a removable liner for it as well...You could even wear a wind shirt underneath that. I play a lot of winter ball, and those shirts keep the heat in.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i know where to get them, just what style. thats what im asking.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
does anyone have a leather jacket that has good ventilation. some manufaturers claim to have some but i heard that they suck in cold weather.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have a Teknic Chicane jacket but it doesn't have a removable liner. I think AGV makes some pretty good jackets with perforated fronts and underarms. I can't remember the exact models but I think they all have removable linings for cold weather riding.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Meteor 4 textile jacket. It has a removable liner and vents in the sleeves and back. I have been wearing it and it has been 102 here in Utah the last few days. Going down the road it isn't too bad. Stop lights tend to suck, but hey, when it starts to cool down I think it will be a good choice. For an all round jacket I don't think it is too bad. It is waterproof if you get caught in bad weather.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wear a Joe Rocket peforted Sonic. It is some what cool in the summer months, as long as you are moving. I also wear it in the fall with a t-shirt and a sweat shirt under it. Works for me

·
Registered
224 Posts
fully perfed Vanson leather jacket is great. Mine feels like an air conditioner even at 5mph.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Perfed Alpinestars leather stunt jacket is nice. Perfed on the torso and works great, plus GP Comp armor and good room for a back brace.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was able to get both recently and it was not too expensive. I have the half mesh/half leather Joe rocket jacket, I think it is called the reactor. I bought that in town at cyclegear for ~$180 I think. Anyway, I was able to pick up a full leather for this winter off of e-bay the other day. I got a brand new JR speedmaster for $200 brand new. The combined total is less that the retail on the speedmaster. God Bless E-bay. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought a new JoeRocket Speedway leather jacket for 165 with buy it now. They regularly run 399 and the cheapest sale I have seen was for 269 so I got a steal. Great thing is that is matches my green ZX6RR. I will get some pics of it once it arrives here. Should be here by Wed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.