Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of pressures should I run for the track only? I'm thinking around 31F/30R...any good tips to finding a good tire pressure?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard from one person to start with 31/30 cold and then go out for one session. Then he said to measure the pressure and that I should have 5-7 increase in pressure. If it's 3-4 I need to take air out and if it's above 7 to add more air...make sense?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by cantonkiddo
I've heard from one person to start with 31/30 cold and then go out for one session. Then he said to measure the pressure and that I should have 5-7 increase in pressure. If it's 3-4 I need to take air out and if it's above 7 to add more air...make sense?
Don't worry with all that nonsense, just put them at 32/30 and fugettaboutit

·
Registered
554 Posts
All the advice you got is good with the old BT002 rear. The problem is, the new BT002 "Pro" just came out and the sidewalls are very stiff like Michelins. So through about 4 sets of the new pro tire in 190 size I found a hot preasure of 30lbs or 26 cold is best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by heith
All the advice you got is good with the old BT002 rear. The problem is, the new BT002 "Pro" just came out and the sidewalls are very stiff like Michelins. So through about 4 sets of the new pro tire in 190 size I found a hot preasure of 30lbs or 26 cold is best.
The only "Pro" series tire I see on bridgestones website is a BT-090 "Pro" and they only show a size up to 160 on their size chart.????

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know, the new pro rear will say "pro" on the sidewall. If it doesn't than you have the old BT002. The BT002 Pro has only been out a month or so. The front will not say pro. The new front "pro" should be out early next year. There are some old rears running around still so make sure you know which one you got.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by heith
I know, the new pro rear will say "pro" on the sidewall. If it doesn't than you have the old BT002. The BT002 Pro has only been out a month or so. The front will not say pro. The new front "pro" should be out early next year. There are some old rears running around still so make sure you know which one you got.
Heith is right , here is a picture of the Type 2 BT002 Pro I used a couple races ago.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.