Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a set of the the new BT016 tires. In comparing them to my previous tires, Michelin 2cts, I say the Bridgestones are a better tire. The main differences I have noticed so far is the the shape of the bridgestone tire. Unlike the 2cts, the bt016 will keep easilly leaning the bike over to full lean. In other words, when i lean the bike it will keep leaning futher and further on its own without trying to work against the tire. The 2cts leaned easilly to a point but then would not allow max lean as easy. I was able to break the 2cts lose a couple times on exiting turns, the bridgestone so far, never. I have only had the bridgestones on for about 500 miles and have not noticed any significant tire wear. My 2cts only lasted me about 2000 miles. I will keep this thread updated if I notice any changes in tire performance.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Thanks for the review. Keep us updated, I may try these as my next street tire. Corsa 3's just wear too damn fast and I'm running Race tires on the track now, so no need for a double duty tire.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey disco, my buddy from R6forums, R6Pirate, you know him? He actually refered me to you guys. I guess he gets his BT002s from you guys. I already had the tires by then. I will go through you next time.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
they are pretty good, almost got my elbow down on them and wasn't even fully leaned!

Dude, that's some insane body positioning/hanging off! I wish I could get my nuts enough courage to do that, approx how fast (guestimating) were you going? There is no way you could hold that at any speed less than 50 I'd say!

As for the tyres, I have a set mounted on my bike, and so far I liked them. Their profile is very similar to my Dunlop Qualifiers I had on before. they do seem sticky, but i do not ride hard enough to really push them, especially on the streets.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey disco, my buddy from R6forums, R6Pirate, you know him? He actually refered me to you guys. I guess he gets his BT002s from you guys. I already had the tires by then. I will go through you next time.
Hmm, I'm not sure...yeah we have those too :D

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, that's some insane body positioning/hanging off! I wish I could get my nuts enough courage to do that, approx how fast (guestimating) were you going? There is no way you could hold that at any speed less than 50 I'd say!

As for the tyres, I have a set mounted on my bike, and so far I liked them. Their profile is very similar to my Dunlop Qualifiers I had on before. they do seem sticky, but i do not ride hard enough to really push them, especially on the streets.
yeah it is kind of a tight turn, so I am doing about 50-60.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Still waiting for someone to compare them to the DCIII's or M3's

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have ran the Corsa 3s. I rate the BT016s higher. I have noticed slightly more grip and the corsas take a lot of handlebar steering input to get the bike to lean. The shape of tire does not let the bike dive into turns as easy. I also broke the corsa 3s loose a couple time on hard exits, but it was a very very controlled and predictable slide.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, see the corsa 3s did last me 5k miles. The 2CTs lasted me about 2k miles. I am guessing these bridgestones will be right around 3.5k miles. I push my tires really really hard. The corsa 3 was not enough grip for me. It may be the optimal tire for other riders depending on how hard they ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
What kind of profile do the 016's have compared to the stocker?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts