Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it take a aftermarket pipe or a new gear setup to bring the front end up on a roll of the thottle. In the stock setup I can only clutch the front up 1st or 2nd, more controlled in 2nd. Just gettin pissed that after set the front and rear hard the damn bike won't get up. If it does its 2 or 3 feet off the ground to which I can't ride it out. Maybe that the problem I have to learn to start from the 2 or 3 feet and work it, I don't know

·
Registered
266 Posts
wot to 8000-9000 let off the gas and quickly go back to wot. Would also recommend practicing more on second gear clutch ups. Some where on this forum there is a vid of a third gear bounce up @100mph on the old zx6r(current zzr600). Bike is capable just have to work a little harder than the 636.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by tazman34685
But isn't going WOT to @ 8k-9k the same as clutching
NO !

You arent TOUCHING the clutch! You're compressing the suspension using the bike's power and weight. Hit it again after you let off and hang on (get ready for the front to come up( Make a concious note to keep the handle bars str8.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Word up on that. You can clutch up 1st going slower and have more time to find your BP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
whats ***?
BP is break point yeh?
learning the art at the moment!
loving my bike, will love it more when i have wheelies down!!
anyone wit zx6r with any hints!!
cheers

·
Registered
854 Posts
wot = wide open throttle..it's something you should never do when learning how to wheelie

·
Registered
276 Posts
when you ride your bike long enough and hard enough you will learn every little way to get the front wheel off the ground, and there are alot of ways to do it.

your bike WILL wheelie, just pratice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.