Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was riding my 2010 ninja 250r this afternoon, it only has 298 miles on it, I was driving around 40-45 mph when i noticed a sound coming from the back tire, So i turned around and headed for home to investigate. I noticed that my chain was about 3 to 3 1/2 inches loose/ or slack, It was rubbing on the arm. So i read my manual and did everything it told me to do, as i was tightening the chain bolt=Very little pressure the bolt snapped and broke. Any idea's the price it will be to fix this? and with the amount of pressure i put on it could it be a manufactures default?

· Registered
1,708 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the one on the back of the swing arm, I had both bolts loose the axel adjuster was plenty loose but with just a little bit of pressure it snapped the bolt in half, thats why i think it was a manufactures default because i pretty much just put the socket on it and turned it and it snapped.

Thanks for the quick reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.