Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their brake pedal just snap? I was riding today and when I came to a stop, a gentle stop at that. The brake just kind of snapped off, weird. I had used most of the front brake to stop + back brake to equal it out, and as soon as I completly stopped I did not even have to put my right foot down, the pedal broke and my foot hit the ground.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where did it snap? From the actual stay? (the flat aluminum thing mounted by 4 hex screws that the pedal pivots off of?)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just beneath the peg on the rearset, right above the pivot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, that's EXACTLY where I broke mine....the difference being, I tipped the bike over, and thats why it broke lol. The part cost me $60 from my dealer, you can get it for around that from ronayers.com:

http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?searchstring=35063-0143

Part #: 35063-0143

Are you sure you didn't hit it against anything? Maybe take it back to your dealer and tell them it just broke, they might fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing would have been when I went down, but that was a long time ago. I have mashed on that back brake since then a couple of times. I use my back brake alot, I think it should be under warranty. This bike is starting to piss me off. Not only that the dealer put too much anti-freeze in and overflowed and messed up my New Paint Job. So its getting fixed for free some way or another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.