Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever snapped a clutch cable while riding? The maintenance manual says to replace it every now and then... should I worry bout this?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was riding my brothers 1980 Goldwing and I grab the clutch and snap! good thing I was just down the street from his house and I coasted to a stop while downshifting without the clutch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea it happened to me about 2 weeks ago. i was going down the interstate at about 120 with a group that i ride with, i pulled in the clutch and nothing happened. lucky i was pretty close to my house so i coasted her on in when i finally got her in 1st gear. it opened my eyes to check out problems like that more often, just to insure that cables are in good condition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It just happened to me about a week ago. I got a '03 636 and i just got the cable in yesterday. I got two questions. First, does anyone know how to replace the cable? I mean, i have the mechanic's service manual for my bike and it pretty much tell's you how to do it, it just doesn't go into great detail. Second, i've been riding by bike a little without the clutch, and i was wondering how bad downshifting without disengaging the clutch was for the gearbox and clutch and stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.