Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, recently (about 3 weeks ago) I bought a used 2009 Ninja 650 as my first bike and had been loving it, gotten to know the bike pretty well installing new tires and fluids among other small things BUT about a day ago I was riding home and my bike started roaring and sputtering like a Harley. When i got home i did a once over of the bike and found that my stock muffler box was loose from the exhaust pipe running to the engine. So i removed the muffler and found that the connecting part of the exhaust pipe had snapped off and was stuck inside the slip on connection of the muffler. If anyone has had this happen to them or knows a short term solution (aside from doing a full exhaust pipe replacement) because i cant find anything about it and am dying to keep riding for the last bit of summer.

·
Registered
565 Posts
:welcome:
Have you checked ebay for a used one? Sounds like the one you have is pretty rusted. Even if you were to weld it back it may break again further up. Plus you would have to weld it on straight for it to connect properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts