Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an '05 636.

So I lowsided at low speed a while back and I finally swapped out the plastics and took it for a ride again when I noticed that I can't lock the ignition after I park the bike. Now I know the left steering lock is bent about 1cm off, the left handle bar can touch frame. (Forks are still straight) But what happened to my ignition lock? I can still turn the key, but I can't pull the key out. I thought that was kind of strange. Any ideas?

Thanks all,
Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is an '05 636.

So I lowsided at low speed a while back and I finally swapped out the plastics and took it for a ride again when I noticed that I can't lock the ignition after I park the bike. Now I know the left steering lock is bent about 1cm off, the left handle bar can touch frame. (Forks are still straight) But what happened to my ignition lock? I can still turn the key, but I can't pull the key out. I thought that was kind of strange. Any ideas?

Thanks all,
Steve
had the same problem from crashing. what i did was wiggle the handle bars a little and it worked

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I tried that, but it didn't seem to do the trick for me. I'll have to try it again. However, I'd really like to fix it. Anybody have an idea what needs to be repaired/replaced?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Turn the bars to the right a little and it should lock. When you crashed, the stop got bent and the bars are turning too far to the left. If it still doesn't work, maybe the ignition lock plunger isn't aligning up with the hole in the neck of the frame. You'll be able to see that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts