Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys. Just purchased my 02 zx6r 2 weeks ago and have enjoyed it so much. But I work as a paramedic in nc and rolled my ankle and will not be able to ride for at least 3-4 weeks..bummer..serious moral support needed...!!! Thanks.[V]

Circumstances Rule!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, I actually went out today with a friend of mine who rides an 02 929. Taped my ankle and rode with a stiff boot and enjoyed the beautiful weather. After about an hour though the pain started and I had to return. But it is so nice to finally join all those guys with bikes out there. Answer me this guys. I see all this competition about which bikes are the best and who has the fastest bike, and believe me, i think competition is great, but isnt it all about riding and being out with those who love doing the same thing you enjoy? I dont know. It just seems there are so many gorgeous bikes regardless of who makes them. I would love to have one of each to be honest. Safe riding to everyone.[8D]

Circumstances Rule!

·
Registered
22 Posts
pardon, 01..its yellow and black...looks like a bubble bee..but a great bike. you have to forgive me for the simple fact that I am very new in the sport of bike riding and still do not have the years and models down pat. sorry for the misinformation...

Circumstances Rule!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you're a paramedic and bought a bike, I would have thought you would have known better ;)

just kidding ;)

------

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, i was the same way when i bought my bike "i just wanna ride", now im like " i ride better than you, cuz i have a 600"

------
"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Welcome to the board.
I have the same bike and let me tell you....
what was I saying? (thinking about my baby):D

------
Moral of this story is....don't have one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
“Taped the ankle and went riding,” hmm. Sounds like a Ben Bostrom move to me! He’s paid the big bucks. I don’t know about you, but I’m not.

April 2002 I low-sided my Blackbird in a parking garage. One of those things: cold tires, bad traction, etc. Well, it pitched me off quite smartly at 10-15mph. Somewhere along the line, I landed on my left ankle and jammed my big toe. The bike was fine; frame sliders are a good thing for low-speed impacts. I however ended on crutches for ten days and a sore/taped ankle for awhile. I really couldn’t ride again for a month. To this day it can be rather sore, though I keep it limber.

Ankle injuries suck.

Another buddy got it way, way worse: he drilled in his Viffer hard and somehow ended up with multiple fractures of the left ankle. Two surgeries, a lot of pins, and a month in the wheelchair later, he began to recover. Nine months later, I can tell it pains him a little. That’ll be with him for life. Not sure he’ll ride again this year, since the bike’s heavily damaged as well.

A company called Daytona makes a boot called the Security. Fully armored, expensive ($700), but worth the dough if you spend significant sport-riding time. I use Sidi Vertebras but might give in and buy the Daytonas one of these days. If you “need” them, I’m sure it’s worth it.

------

///////////////
{
-=DRB=-
Mill Creek, WA U.S.A.
}
///////////////

·
Registered
40 Posts
i broke my ankle a few months ago and i had to take a ride on a real nice day and for the fact i was selling my 00 zx6r and wasnt going to get another bike. so i rode with my cast on just creeping around my town. needless to say i got a new bike after 2 months because i couldnt stand it anymore
JLI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.