Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been learning to ride wheelies and to day i came down hard from one and broke my ram air duck. i cant afford the new ones because on ebay thier $87 and $99 at the local dealler. so i bought some epocy and glued it back together. i was also thinking about drilling some holes around the glued cracks and weaving zip ties through the holes to help hold. what do yall think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I glued mine with epoxy and used metal strips to reinforce where it goes into the frame. It took a lot of abuse w/ no problems. Didn't last through the 120 mph endo though. The things take a lot of stress because they help support the instruments and fairing - sort of a bad design. That's why they are all over eBay - everyone breaks them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Zip ties won't work either, I say go to your local Lowe's or hardware store, get some utility wire (8 or 10 guage) and some Wire Cap Twisters/Wing Nut's (I Think that's what their called). But anyways cut the wire enough to where you will have enough slack to run through the frame holes and the ram air duct holes use the nut to twist and tighten the wire and that should hold it.

P.S. Tighten as hard as you can, oh yeah try to get a bigger size type Wire Twister.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
You can refabricate the brackets but its just a poor design.cheapcycleparts.com its 83 bucks for the whole thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.