Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding my bike today and i hit the brakes some what hard but not enof to even skid the tire and the frickin brake pedal just falls straght down. the aluminam casing snaped right off. what sucks is now i have to find a way to get a bike to ride or a way to fix mine by wendsday because my road skills test is already set up and iv already paid for it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Have you ever dropped your bike over on it's right side before ? I have seen this exact failure start to occur from a tip over which stressed that point and started a fracture to occur.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent but i bought the bike used, so it may have been droped buy the owner befor me. i didnt see any scraches on the farings so i dont no.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would goto my locale stealership but i doute thay have one in stock plus i work at a bike parts store and iv been looking at a set of cnc machined rear sets. depending on how much the stelership charges for one i might get a aftermarket set.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me... still haven't fixed it though. Just using the front brakes. I just consider it practice for my track days!

·
Registered
154 Posts
man those things are shit.. i hate them, i broke 2 already, one from laying it down while moving like 1 mph, the ohter, i just went riding, came back parked it, and the next morning it was cracked. i dont know why it is soo crappy. i wish kaw made it better..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.