Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 03 636 last summer and i mostly been riding on the the streets and the belt, i really want to try some nice open twisting roads... Any recommendations not too far away?
I am tired of riding from one red light to the next.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty far, i mean something not more then 1 hour from me... i cant ride for 4 hours each way, i was thinking maybe long island, jersey, westchester, or connecticut?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its 58 now with a high of 63... thats not warm enough?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey I live in Nassau COunty. We have plenty of twisties on the north shore. We always ride out in suffolk county. Tons of open rodes, just keep going east on the belt, and you will hit the southern state prkway. Im at exit 32. I ride with the New York Ghost Ryderz.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cambelsoop: Im in Sheepshead bay, I usually cruise by the bay on nice summer days. where u ride?

TurboWill: Exit 32 thats cool about 1 hour from me... North shore has some nice roads? so then i should take the Northern pkwy?

·
Registered
233 Posts
i live in bergan beach. but i work on knapp st at the sanitaion garage. i got a bunch of guys at work that ride this comming summer. we might do like a sunday ride maybe twice a month... thats the only day we r all off, but in the summer i ride almost every day

·
mad dum son
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by TurboWill
Hey I live in Nassau COunty. We have plenty of twisties on the north shore. We always ride out in suffolk county. Tons of open rodes, just keep going east on the belt, and you will hit the southern state prkway. Im at exit 32. I ride with the New York Ghost Ryderz.
[:M50] you call them twisties?

borka, pay no mind to TurboWill. Kwak6r on the other hand knows what the deal is. Harriman is amongst the best twisties we've got close by. Other options are Rt. 301, Rt 202, Rt 9.
How long you been riding?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bear Mountain, Hawks Nest (and surrounding areas) and High Point, nj (and Sussex county area).... Nothing all that great, and this time of the year there is still a ton of crap on the road and too many riders go down for being too aggressive too soon....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, how do i get to bear mountain? just take palisades pkwy all the way up? which exit to get off?

·
mad dum son
2,387 Posts
yeah, just take palisades up. there are plenty of signs. You'll want to hit toriati brook road, seven lakes road and cross over the bear mountain bridge and hit the oh so tasty route 202 which hugs the mountain.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
F SANE IL: Im going up to bear mountain as its the only place that i know that has nice roads with no stop signs or red light :) im tired of riding in sheepshead bay...

you live in sheepshead? we should ride some time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.