Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys heard any good word on the new bt016's? and where is the best price to get them? Best I could find was 259.00 for the set,free shipping.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
they're not bad to be honest, i don't personally care for them, but thats because i've been riding on corsa III's & there isn't much out there that compares w/ the grip & stability in them, i think they'd be an upgrade if you had the 014's on there still but if it were me i'd be going w/ the corsa III's , & you can get them for about just under $300 shipped ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
i found a shop out here thats going to give me a set of corsa IIIs and install them with the wheels on the bike for $326. ive heard nothing but good things about the corsa's and you can't beat that price.

EDIT

noticed you are in california. call Apex Moto 714 533 3041 i believe is their number.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Depends on what you want. The corsas are more of a sport tire. If you do more commuting and highway riding then I would run the BT16s.

Then again I run Michelin PRC fronts and PR5 Medium Rears on my zx6r.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Any of you guys heard any good word on the new bt016's? and where is the best price to get them? Best I could find was 259.00 for the set,free shipping.
239 from cycle sector ( one of the forum sponsors)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I wouldnt even waste your money on those things...IMO
Your kidding me right. The tire has 3 compunds in the rear and 2 compounds in the front, warm up very fast, have excellet feedback and the grip is impressive. Yeah your right dont waste your money on those "things":rolleyes:

The tire is great, It will give your more conifdence. They should last longer than DC3's but IMHO for the street Metzler M3's are amazing and unbeatable. Their profile is serious and results in effortless handling. But the BT016's, they are good shit and most def. worth it! I love them on my 10, the 6 has M3's so I got the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i found a shop out here thats going to give me a set of corsa IIIs and install them with the wheels on the bike for $326. ive heard nothing but good things about the corsa's and you can't beat that price.

EDIT

noticed you are in california. call Apex Moto 714 533 3041 i believe is their number.
:eek: thats a fucking deal in all reality, i'd jump on that shit quick

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
MY badddd i thought he was speaking of the BT014s which are stock on the 636. I mixed them up...my baddd

But I'm a Pilot Power guy actually lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
MY badddd i thought he was speaking of the BT014s which are stock on the 636. I mixed them up...my baddd

But I'm a Pilot Power guy actually lol
No worries, the BT014's arent even worth the rubber they are made off. PP's are nice but give some M3's a try and you will never go back!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys, But because the price of gas these days my bike has turned into a commuter as well as a weekend toy. So I need something that will last a little longer then a soft compound..

·
Registered
353 Posts
BT16s should be good. Heck I have a brand new set sitting in my garage if you were local I would hook you up.

I only run race tires on my kawi so I'm not much help.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
they are the next tires im tryin.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
thanks guys, But because the price of gas these days my bike has turned into a commuter as well as a weekend toy. So I need something that will last a little longer then a soft compound..
Thats why I was telling you about the M3's. Hard compund in the center with soft on the sides, they were specifiaclly built for tremendous grip with high milage:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
i ran the bt14's on my 04 and i got over 5k out of the rear and that was occasionally track visits at the dragstrip included, just bought me a new set of bt16's and havent put them on yet but i heard that if u like the bt14's u will love the bt16's bc they have sticker rubber

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Anyone that normally runs Pilot Powers tried the BT016? I've been thinking about trying them, but I do love my Pilot Powers.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've heard great things about the BT016's. Was thinking of trying them next time (or corsa III's)

I had Pilot powers last time, they were ok, not my fav. Currently I'm on M3's and they are fantastic. But as I'm doing more trackday's the corsa III's are easier and cheaper to get at the track, BT016's are on my maybe list just because i've heard a lot of great things.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Just picked up some super corsa take offs to replace my 2 ct. and just recieved some pilot race for the track bike. I will post up some info compared to my 2 ct

1 - 20 of 35 Posts