Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g/f's nephew was helping me clean my bike up. I had tape residue on the front from a recent track day and we were getting it off. Well, I went to take a dump and came back to find he used a mildly abrasive pad on one section and now there are minor scratches. What's the best product to get these to buff out??? He was only trying to help so I'm not pissed but I hate know the scratches are there. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If these are very superficial (not into the paint), then try wax polish. I suggest multiple applications. And if that doesn't help, you could get a scratch repair kit!

Someone here might know the brand that goes with kawi colors perfectly!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Try using a very mild compound followed by a a good wax. NXT is the best wax I have found. Give it a try and good luck with the scratches.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You can also try 3M rubbing compound if the scratches are alittle deeper(showing black). It contains a very small amount of fine grit , it will blend the scratches with the paint. Make sure you apply it evenly and around the area that got scratched, then buff to a brilliant shine. Color-rite colors are dead on with kawi colors. Magma comes with a base and paint.:D

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks. The scratches are very superficial. I just didn't know if there was one product that stood out over other waxes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.