Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2004 636 that has HID's and the LAP light and the brights are both burnt out. What kind of bulbs should I replace these with and can someone give me a how - to on installing them? I hope I don't have to take apart the whole headlight, from what I can see there seems to be a twist off behind the headlight? I tried a search and there wasn't anything with images to give me an idea on how to get this fixed! Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really want to go riding today! help me outtttt

·
Registered
63 Posts
unscrew the plastic covers first. Then you will see a wire hold down that holds the bulbs in place. they kind of push in and hold back. now you can take out the bulbs. It should say on the bulb what type it is.

If its an HID conversion it may be the ballast that went on you thou.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its an HID conversion it may be the ballast that went on you thou.
sorry for being such a newb here but what's a ballast

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have true HID's then you will have what is called a ballast. It is a little box usually about 2" by 3" and should be connected directly to the light! If you don't see a box with a wire running to the headlight then you do not have HID's. Anyways i have an 04 ZX6r and the bulbs are the same for yours which is an H7.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there any way to tell if it's the ballast or the bulb?

·
Registered
177 Posts
its going to be difficult to tell if its the ballast or the bulb without a replacement bulb to test with.. most of hte time the bulbs dont "burn out" they just require more and more Voltage to get them to ARC and then your ballast which is what causes them to arc cannot produce enough for what the bulb is demanding to get it to "Fire"

Side note: Does your Signature need to be so big, and Green, I mean im sure you have to be breaking some sort of forum rules by advertising in your signature....

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have an HID in your high beam then just plug the bulb into that ballast, if not then you are going to need a circuit tester that is capable of injecting power into the bulb and test it that way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.