Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bored and thought I would do my very first poll [:eek:)] please forgive me lol. I am originally from Utah, and out there I would hear "bulletbike" to describe a sportsbike. Here in the south I here "crotchrocket" all the time and have yet in 6 years to hear bulletbike. I was just curious as to which term you all hear/use more, or if there are any other names. Peace!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,867 Posts
I've never heard 'Bullet Bike'. When I was growing up in Minnesota, all sportbikes were referred to as "Ninjas", but down here it's "crotch rocket", "bike" (because "harleys are motorcycles"...fuck them), and a few bitter deprived people call them "rice rockets" or "jap rockets", even if it's Italian, which I'm sure would be offensive to anyone working with the Italian makes...

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
sportbikes, crothcrockets, rice rockets, those are mostly what i hear

·
Registered
207 Posts
Never heard of bullietbike, and I hate the term crotchrocket (thats for squids on suzuki's.) i use to hear ninja all of the time. now all i hear is people say you ride one of 'those' bikes, followed by, how fast can it go

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by gtjimm
Never heard of bullietbike, and I hate the term crotchrocket (thats for squids on suzuki's.) i use to hear ninja all of the time. now all i hear is people say you ride one of 'those' bikes, followed by, how fast can it go
I can't stand the term crotchrocket either. They always say it with that damn tone of voice too..."oh you ride a crotchrocket" like it's something to be ashamed of.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
sportbikes, crothcrockets, rice rockets, Organ donors. these are what i hear here in Texas

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
most people have no clue what's going on out here....when I'm in full gear and I tell people I ride my bike, they assume its a regular bike, aka not a motorcycle. I'm like dude...I wouldn't have a mesh jacket if I were going on a bike ride.

most people just refer to it as a motorcycle....if i got specific about it i'd confuse them so i just refer to it as a Ninja.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I dont understand why we get the "organ donor" label, arnt we the ones who usually wear full gear?, and the harley guys are the ones who wear their bandannas and a cut off

·
Registered
418 Posts
my buddy has a zx-10 and tells people that he rides a crotch rocket. it bothers me to hear someone that rides refer to their bike in this way. what do you guys think about that, would it bother you? i like the term sportbike.

·
Registered
201 Posts
crotch rocket's a classic name for it. I think it's been used way before the Hurricanes were the shit. I prefer murdercycle. Its got a nice ignorant ring to it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Crotchrocket & riceburner here.
Never heard of bulletbike.

·
Registered
336 Posts
we call ours by the make of it the bike (honda, suzuki, kawisaki) you get the point.

·
Registered
75 Posts
a lot of ppl here call them either donor cyles, crotch rockets, or jap crap. all the rider minus the squids and suziz riders call them by the type like kawi 10 or 6 or 636. suziz riders call them gixxer 600 or 1000. the yamama riders say r6 or r1. honda guys just say they have a honda and every doesn't really care what kind.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.