Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go... I ate it about a month and a half ago. All is well and bike had very minimal damage (a mirror and some fairing scrapes)Bike went into dirt... soft grassy dirt. Now the bad... I have seen my oil being consumed. Not horribly but enough to notice. Has anyone heard of a fall messin up the rings or valves. Keep in mind i managed to slow it down to about 15 to 20mph.just wonderin if i should be worried. She runs fine and temp is actually down scince i got rid of the cat.

·
Registered
857 Posts
mine is eating oil aswell altho i had no crash of any sort...i just noticed with my most recent oil change i used all 4L of oil on my change to fill it just to the top line and a few 1000km later i notice the oil is at the bottom line or below no leaks nothing...so i put in 3/4 of a litre to bring it back up then again a few 1000lm more it is back down to the bottom line so i put in the last 1/4 of a litre and then get another 2/4 from my friend to fill it back up to the line...with the 2 other ol changes ive done since i have owned this bike i had no oil level problems until now...i just did a new oil and filter change switching back to the oil i had no problems with...hopefully this oil consumption stops...also my bike blows no smoke while riding all my riding buddies atend to this so it's a mystery to me...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Originally posted by backinblack636
Ok here we go... I ate it about a month and a half ago. All is well and bike had very minimal damage (a mirror and some fairing scrapes)Bike went into dirt... soft grassy dirt. Now the bad... I have seen my oil being consumed. Not horribly but enough to notice. Has anyone heard of a fall messin up the rings or valves. Keep in mind i managed to slow it down to about 15 to 20mph.just wonderin if i should be worried. She runs fine and temp is actually down scince i got rid of the cat.
Wow... thought I was going crazy. I've NEVER had oil consumption problems until last Sunday when I dropped my bike (wasn't even moving either... it just fell over). I rode about another 40 miles after that and put her up for the night. Checked oil level the next day while washing bike, and it was right at the low level line (usually about 1/8" below the full mark). I try to make a habit of checking the oil level at least every other time I ride, so I know this is something that happened recently. Whether or not it was caused by the tipover is debatable I suppose, but it sure seems like the culprit to me... It's also started running hot since the fall, but I'm pretty sure thats just because it leaked a lot of coolant out while it was laying over and I haven't replaced it yet... [:M51]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.