Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good shit! Now you just gotta life the legs and roll a donut [:p] Careful with that First gear jacket, my friends crashed at about 35-40 and the nice leather on the arms just ripped off.

·
Registered
315 Posts
btb, do you use any aftermarket front brake components to help out doing donuts? ive tried and i can do a good one at probably 5 mph moving steadily forward then sideways, but it starts gettin freaky when i try to swing it one way. either i grab the front brakes to hard or not enough. that being said, i dont get much practice, it costs too much:(

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do have after market lines and pads but they are more for stoppies rather than donuts. More than anything donuts just take some practice to get the feel for it. You have to use a lot of front brake control to control the speed and tightness of the donut. I think most people's problem is grabbing to much front brake. If your donut starts getting to tight or to slow just let out a little bit of the front bake. Once you get donuts down they are easy but it does take a while to get them and you will dump your bike. I've dumped my bike doing donuts more than anything. If you want to get donut tires just go to local shops and ask for takes offs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
BTB, wheres a good place to get steel brake lines at a good price?, iAM a poor ass college kid. when i do stoppies i feel uneasy cuz it seems like the feedback off the front brakes varies from time to time. ive gotten to where i start them at about 45 to 50 mph but theyre not to high and a little jerky. and at the very end of the stoppie sometimes i get a huge scare when i grab alittle too much and it almost flips me over. i know i probably need more practice. would some lines help me out?

·
Registered
152 Posts
JC, what kinda exhaust can is that it looks pretty sweet is it all green.Who makes it Thanks Bro.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got my lines on Ebay, keep your eyes out and you can find them. I would actually suggest getting kevlar lines. Steel braided are a little to stiff and it's hard to feel the braking. My stoppies aren't the best, I can only roll them 30-40 feet but again it's just practice!

·
Registered
111 Posts
jcamarca: what do you think of your ART can? i see one on ebay that would fit my bike, but you dont see many of them in my neck of the woods... :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sup guys. I haven't bought my bike yet so I haven't even attempted any tricks yet, so I have questions. In regards to burnouts, how is it exactly that you hold down the front brake and roll the throttle with one hand? I just can't seem to imagine how you do it.

"Burn rubber, not your soul."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
It's not hard... you'll understand when you get your bike... but if you're a new rider, how about learning how to RIDE the bike before you start stunting it ?

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not exactly a new rider. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger. Although, it has been a while. I plan on takin the MSF course. I should be ok after that. And in terms of traffic, I've been driving for years, probably have a good 60,000 miles or so under my belt, so I should be ok with respect to that. I'm pretty sure I can start stuntin sometime soon. I used to do stunts on my mountain bike too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Basically you use your right most three fingers to grab the front brake lever, and you use your index finger and thumb to roll the throttle.. it takes some getting use to, but its really a piece of cake. After a while you can do it with your eyes closed.[:p]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Aiight Mikey, thanks a lot. I was thinkin something along those lines, just couldn't figure out which fingers to use to hold the break and which fingers to use to roll the throttle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey,

NO problem. Just remember when you do it to get that front brake firm....also, dont sit down on the sit too much cause it puts weight on the rear end and the tire will be harder to break loose. Sit up slightly off the seat, and please remember to pull in the clutch when your done burning out, if you dont and u let go of that front brake, you bike is going to look like a rocket heading straight in the air, and you will be on you arse!!! Good luck

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just remember not to let off the brake unless you want to move foward really really fast...and if your not completely upright when you do let off the front brake...chance are you are going to be putting that bike on the ground.

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.