Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my '03 636 and already I have had two girls burnt their feet on the exhaust. Two questtions. One, how should I remove the marks and can a buy an exhaust gard or something?

·
Registered
81 Posts
do you have the stock pipe on? or is it an aftermarket? an aftermarket runs much cooler coz it dont got all the baffling the heat all gets blown out... that might help

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by pagefault

Just got my '03 636 and already I have had two girls burnt their feet on the exhaust. Two questtions. One, how should I remove the marks and can a buy an exhaust gard or something?
i feel your pain...ihad some girl on my bike and she was wearing black drees shoes that had an inch or two lift kit anyways she fully burned a hole in her shoe like an inch deep leaving the whole bottom corner on my pipe covered in black nasty shit.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah I get made fun of a lot for my pipe cause its full of marks and things that melted to it.
At first I would get the pipe really hot and then putt goo gone on it or any patrolium based product. and then let it sit for 5 mins then rub it with a rag. And repeat,and repeat, and repeat. But a few months ago I just gave up on it.
I'm going to get a TI after market pipe and then will be much cooler. Our pipe is so hot because it is stainless stell and because it has a catolytic converter in it. The aftermarket pipe dont have cats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Petrol will take melted crap of your exhaust system no sweat.

Are you sure the CAT is in the muffler?? When you replace your can you would remove your CAT too and that would chuck tuning and emmisions out the window.

Gareth

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Gareth

Petrol will take melted crap of your exhaust system no sweat.

Are you sure the CAT is in the muffler?? When you replace your can you would remove your CAT too and that would chuck tuning and emmisions out the window.

Gareth
Which is probably why you need to get it rejetted;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My gf has a half moon,in her 2" shoes, sticky sols of her shoe all over my exhaust (that was the first date,ha) 150$ Doc Martins.

By the way guys, shes cursing at me as I type this ("ruined my --- ---- shoes")

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
No you wouldn't have to rejet it after taking the cat off cause the cat is in the can and you can get rid of the original can with that cat in it by just buying a slip on. And no slip-ons require you to re jet or get a PC. All the cat is, is a chemical reaction the converts carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide. They may back opposite. But all it really is is a chemical reaction and a byresult of the conversion of gas is heat.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Technically no full systems require a rejet. All systems are designed to run on stock carbs or fuel injection. It just makes more sense to rejet because the bike would be way too lean & eventually lead to detonation.

The cat is in the can...the KLEEN valves are around the engine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The stock exhaust can gets incredibly hot (due to the catalytic converter in it). It discolors due to the high heat even if you don't melt anything to it. So far mine is scarred by burned boots, burned leathers, and a bit of skin.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Use "autosol"... that stuff can restore ANY metal finish... Trust me.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by devulge

Technically no full systems require a rejet. All systems are designed to run on stock carbs or fuel injection. It just makes more sense to rejet because the bike would be way too lean & eventually lead to detonation.

The cat is in the can...the KLEEN valves are around the engine.
Most manufacturers state right in their literature that rejetting or remapping the fuel system is highly recommended when installing their full exhaust systems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.