Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've had a stack on my 2002 ZX-6R and am after some parts. Basically I've got a cracked top fairing, cracked middle headlight (parking light), bent mirror bracket (i.e. the part that holds up the mirrors) and some scratches on the left and right fairing. Oh, and the front mudguard needs replacing and the right hand side indicator really should be replaced as well.

So as you can see, I'm up for a fscking fortune in parts here (if I choose to replace everything). I've been quoted $850 AUD for a top fairing, for instance (x 0.58 = $493 USD).

Can anyone recommend the cheapest possible way to source O.E.M parts for a Kwaka, *or* quality aftermarket parts? For example, I would put on a carbon front guard if it were the same price as the factory original ...

Oh, and what happened? A slow right hander followed by a real tight left hander. I took the right too wide, decided to abort (probably a bad idea - but when you've got a risk of traffic and there's a cliff on the inside you tend to panic) pulled on the anchors. Front wheel slipped out under some debris (twigs & leaves) and the bike slid all of two or three meters in the soft mud. Most of the damage was because of the right hand mirror stay being bent - this cracked the plastic on the top fairing.

Had the bike for about a week and a half - totally wasn't used to the handling, speed, or this particular part of road I was on. A bad combination. I'm not a newbie rider, but I should have had more respect for the new conditions I had placed myself in.

Rgz,

Luke.

Luke Burton.

PGP keys available - http://www.hagus.net/pgp

"Yes, questions. Morphology, longevity, incept dates."

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The mirror bracket is made out of aluminum. If it isn't kinked you may be able to straighten it. The fairing is made from abs plastic. Here in the U.S. there is plumbing pipe made from abs also. The solvent used to weld the plumbing pipe will also repair cracked abs faring nicely. Now is a good time to go with flushmount front turn signals if the law allows. I don't know what shipping is like from the U.S. but ronayers.com is an excellent source for oem Kawasaki parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hit sharkskizn.com..They've got great prices on aftermarket fairings, and you can get some trick quick release screw sets and tail sections. Check 'em out...

Rubber side down!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.