Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Button Willow on the 6th, man was it cold. Signed up for the novice class. First time on a new bike (05 zx6r, had an 05 zx6r for the street, sold it and bought one that was all set for the track with all the goodies) on the track for the first time and first track day. The track was cold and I had a near miss on the first real session with a guy that pulled into my line as I was closing at +30mph on him, somehow I got her whoa'd up and got through the first session, after pulling into the pits my buddy (who had done a few track days) looked at me and we both agreed we needed to go up to the intermediate class. Fastest lap of the day was 2:33 according to the starlane GPS timer, by the way that thing is awesome. I know that is not blazing fast but for my first day on track I walked away happy, especially after seeing a few people go down due to cold tires and a cold track.

So anyways, let me know what you guys think....

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I want the starlane gps time!! Give it to me now!! haha We need some pictures of you bike.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time, and like quik said, post some pics.

·
Site Sponsor
630 Posts
Where are the pics from that track day? I was there- Had a nice low side too coming out of the Esses. It's onto a new bike for 09 and alot more riding is in the future!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ok, my bad, I knew I should have posted them, I even have some video, I will post them tonight if I have time. .......Smokin how bad was yours? I hope it wasn't that Kawi up against the pit/staging wall......

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I was at streets of willow on the fifth. Sounds like same cold conditions, and there were a few riders down with cold tyres.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. I have wanted to go to a track day ever since I started riding but never have the time to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts