Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy a Corsa III rear and get a front tire for free.

http://www.diablo.getpirelli.com/

Here is the only place online I have found to purchase them. If anyone finds somewhere cheaper, please let me know.

http://www.buymoto.com/BuyMoto_com_..._Corsa_s/36.htm

i ordered a 180 rear

it came to $165.91 shipped

the front should come in 4-6 weeks and will cost $25 for shipping..

so its $190.91 for a set of SS tires... only drawback is that you have to run a 70series front, but oh well... helluva deal!

buy up fockers!!!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
so what's the catch? you purchase the rear, then wait for it, then show your proof and get the rear free later on down the road? shit.. they're offering it because 1 out of 10 buyers will be willing to wait that long. lol

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Yeah, because a FREE tire wouldn't be worth waiting for.... [B)]

--David

·
Registered
90 Posts
whats the drawback for running a 70 series tire in the front, as opposed 2 the stock 55 series we are given from the dealer???

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OEM is 65 series front... 70 series will turn a little slower but have more contact patch. as far as tire wear, they shouldnt be any worse than pilot powers or diablo corsa's because the center is still the corsa compound but the sides of the tires are softer right? either way with all the shipping included (including the $25 for the front) it still $40 cheaper for a set than the best deal i can get on Pilot powers...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by skeet609
whats the drawback for running a 70 series tire in the front, as opposed 2 the stock 55 series we are given from the dealer???
I think stock is 65, not 55.
going to a 70 raises the front a bit, you can compensate by lowering the forks 5mm or so.

And the wait is not too long. Basically you buy the rear wherever you want,, send your invoice/receipt into pirelli, and they mail you a front. They've been doing this for the last couple years on various tire models, many people have taken them up on it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just got mine. Only 887 left. Sounds like a pretty nice tire too, I hope I have them by September 13th so I can try them out at Blackhawk Farms!!

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Sweet Freaking Deal, gonna see if Southwest moto tires have them in stock, they have good prices

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
$143.96 180/55 Rear tire from Ronayers
$ 25.00 120/70 Front tire free from Pirelli
-------
$168.96 BOMB ass SHIT

·
Registered
474 Posts
As stated, Pirelli & Metzeler do this on a regular basis... The last deal from Pirelli that I know of was the Strada and I passed those up, but Metzeler was giving away Racetecs about a year ago, so it came to about $200 for the set, shipped.. Not bad for a good trackday tire.

While the metzelers took several months to expire the promotion, the Stradas were done pretty quickly.. I wouldnt wait long on these.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.