Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“buy any rear, get a free 120/70ZR17 front free”

Found this while searching cycleforums.com (its a good forum to find local riders, found out my neighbor rides a Hayabusa and his wife rides a Yamaha YZF)

http://www.us.pirellimoto.com/riding/news/dettaglio.asp?ID=274

Pirelli Tire North America is proud to introduce the “buy any rear, get a free 120/70ZR17 front” Diablo tire promotion. It’s simple, buy any standard rear Diablo tire from your favorite dealer, then mail the your original receipt along with the coupon from our website (available 1/15/04) , and we will ship you a free front Diablo tire.

In order to take part in the promotion, please follow all the instructions:

* Fill in the Pirelli Diablo Challenge Membership Form, if you haven’t already done it. Hit the "send" button before exiting

* You will receive a username and password by email and this is needed to get the required coupon.

* After you print the coupon follow these steps. 1) Mail the original dealer receipt and completed Pirelli coupon along with the shipping fees to the Pirelli adress listed on the coupon. Sorry no email orders will be accepted. The shipping and handling fee is $20.00 and can be paid by check, money order, or credit card. No orders will be shipped COD or sent to a P.O. box. 2) Upon receipt of your letter with the correct paperwork and enclosed payment, Pirelli will ship the front tire within 2 to 3 weeks.

This offer is open to standard Diablo tires only. Limit one promotion per customer & while supplies last. Diablo Corsa, Supercorsa, or any other Pirelli tire are not part of the promotion. Offer valid in United States only. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
WHATTTT!!! really wow. thats awsome.
That means you could get a SET of diablos for around $120 thats awsome
great find thanks for sharing
this is where I always buy my tires from and they sell the Diablo rear for 03 zx6rs for $118 + abour $10 for S/H. heres the link:

http://www.dtmaonline.com/AMAZING/items.asp?CartId={35C44C08-A96C-42C1-BFD0-7CFEA64F870D}&Cc=PIRELLIDIABLO&Tp=

I have never used diablos though. Can anyone comment on how they are? and as compared to the bridgstone BT012SS because that is what I was going to get.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm surprised there's not a catch.
There is. But it's something some people can live with. As soon as you put in your info (which has to be correct in order to receive the tire, you will receive countless spam mail and numerous pieces of crap in your real mailbox. Of course, there are solutions for these situations (get a yahoo/hotmail account) and live with the spam and throw away the countless pieces of junk mail.

Other than that, it's a really good deal, if your riding suits the standard Diablo. :)

Tommy: The BT012ss and the standard diablo are two totally different tires. The Bridgestones offer superior grip compared to the standard Diablo, but won't last as long, aren't as good in wet weather, etc (more of a canyon carving, race oriented tire).

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
so the standard diablo is not a very agressive tire?
I'm surprised that you don't have to sign up for the "Tire a month club" where you agree to buy 12 more tires at a low club rate within the next year. :D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol
I'm surprised that you don't have to sign up for the "Tire a month club" where you agree to buy 12 more tires at a low club rate within the next year. :D
haha

Yeah, I was expecting a requirement something like that as well.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol
:D
Standard Diablos equivalent in Bridgestone range would be BT012 and older BT010. It is no race tire but it can be ridden with quite reasonable pace around a race track too.

IMHO it is a very good tyre for street/sport riding and occasional track days too.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ran the BT012ss's on my Daytona and am now on a set of the Diablos. The 012's are a very slow steering tire and the Diablos will quicken up the front end quite a bit. As stated, I think the 012's have more ultimate grip and a little better feedback but the Diablo's not far off. I've done trackdays on both and both held up well at my admittedly pre-historic pace:D. The 012's tend to get really funky feeling at the end of their lifespan, though. Your mind tells you you don't quite trust 'em for some reason. That's when you shit-can'em.
The Diablos seem to wearing very well and were very good in a downpour track/swamp day at Loudon.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
poor kanuks :D I'm going to jump on this too I think...I've been looking for some new tires...

I was thinking about getting the corsa's but I think the diablos might be perfect for the type of riding I do! Sweeet!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by 2001ZX6R
bump :D
Why are you bumping something that was last replied on less than two hours before you?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by scootergmc
I'm surprised there's not a catch.
As soon as you put in your info (which has to be correct in order to receive the tire, you will receive countless spam mail and numerous pieces of crap in your real mailbox.
Try this: http://www.mailinator.com

You don't even have to sign up.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Catch or not. I may have to jump on this too. I've got a friend that needs new tires and I think he's gonna get on this deal wagon as well before it passes through.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
has anyone been able to print the coupon? I get a different offer, $100.00 towards a track day if I buy both front & back, or something like that.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.