Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I recently got into riding and I bought a 250R at the beginning of the season to learn on. I had dirtbike and atv riding experience; but I still wanted to start off the right way and went small. I feel as if the bike is too small and lacks the power I would like when riding. I also want to start to learn how to ride the track and really enjoy riding.

I want to upgrade to a 636 because I love the styling, the power, and I feel its the next logical upgrade for me in a bike. 07/08s are great, but I don't want to spend that much on a bike if I don't have to. The stealership down the road from my place quoted me at 7500 for a leftover once the 09's hit. And while thats probably good considering the 09s are in the 9k range-ish. I don't want to spend that much on a bike just to go new.

There is a 636 fs on craigslist near me that's listed at $6500. 3.5k miles, 2Bro's Slipon, and flushmounts. Considering the price of the exhaust and blinkers, I still feel this seems to be a bit expensive for the bike, but I reallllly want one so I'm at a loss. Do I try and get this one and spend the extra to have it? Or do I wait patiently through the winter and look again in the spring?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,430 Posts
You'll get the best deal at the very end of autumn or early/mid winter from someone up north...guys that need to sell, and the market up north is positively deceased in the winter. If you wait until spring, that's when the market starts picking up. I'd say late november/december would be a good time to buy, if you're looking for steals.

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
You'll get the best deal at the very end of autumn or early/mid winter from someone up north...guys that need to sell, and the market up north is positively deceased in the winter. If you wait until spring, that's when the market starts picking up. I'd say late november/december would be a good time to buy, if you're looking for steals.
yep, this is true :(

BUT....try takling that 250 to a track first. you might change your mind.
it will be a hell of alot of fun on the track. get some track time in, THEN decide you want to upgrade.

and yeh, that 636 is priced kinda high..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located??
I'm located in NY, about 1hr north of NYC in Orange County.

And yeah I did get some track time on the 250 - friend of mines since mine wasn't set up for it and I didn't feel comfortable bringing my not even broken in 250 to the track. It was fun, and handled great in the turns which was a lot of fun, I just didn't feel like it was the right bike for me. I'm 6'4 and I feel like a giant on such a small bike especially hanging in the turns.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,430 Posts
the 636 might be too small for you also.
I think the 636 would work fine. The 03/04 636 and new 07/08 6R would be too small, the ergo's are too tight, but the 05/06 636 is much more rider friendly as far as how much space it gives you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts