Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I currently own a 2002 zx6e, the dealer said they would give me $4300.00 for a trade. Is this a fair price$ Oh, and yes, the bike is in perfect condition with 4,000 miles on it.\

2. What kind of price should I expect to buy a 2003 zx6r? So far I have negotiated $7,662.00, but the sales guy than beefed it up with freight charges of $150.00 and dealer prep of $210.00, bringing the total to $8022.00.

3. I have read your advice column for breaking in the bike (very helpful), are there any other words of wisdom you can give me once I purchase the bike?

Thanks alot, I am new to the club and so far it's great. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't let them add the shipping and assembly charges to it. You shouldn't pay any more than around 7500 out the door. If your bike is in mint condition, I would say to sell it private party. You will get a lot more cold hard cash for it. If you trade it, then you give the dealer more numbers to baffle you with when it comes time to do all the paperwork. Keep it as simple as possible!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Keep in mind, trade ins allow you to pay tax on the DIFFERENCE, so 4100 trade in is actually better than 4100 privately by the tax rate you pay. Plus, you don't have to deal with the tire-kickers, the dreamers, the time-wasters, the punks, the test pilots, the low-ballers, and the advertising man. Here we pay a total of 15% tax on retail items, so it makes it even more worthwhile to go the trade in route.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal to me especially if you dont want the hassle of selling the 02..Its generally tougher to deal on new models like this but youre in the ballpark. I paid $159 assy./ $45 doc fee/ 7% state tax/ for otd of $8043 in Ga.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, DJ makes a good arguement, but if you have someone that would buy the bike, then sell it, if not, I guess it wouldn't be too bad to trade it in, as long as they give you a comparable price for your bike. Good luck!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
631 Posts
i just paid 6800 out the door for mine and dealer charge was taken off..

2003 zx-6r black pearl

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here in Utah the cheapest I could find for a '03 was $7852.50 out the door. It looks like it depends on which state you are in. It sounds like Texas give one great deal on bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.