Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here with experience in this area? The guy said he'll pay for shipping, so I could get it shipped to my house for $6000, the price of the bike. It is in Spain right now, but it is an American bike. Should I do it? I desperately need a motorcycle, as I'm going through withdrawal from not riding. Plus I don't have a car or anything else, so I can't go anywhere. I've been waiting about 2 weeks now, and I've only found one bike in the newspapers. It definitely had some stories behind it and the guy was definitely riding wheelies down the highway on it. So is patience a virtue here or should I take my chances with this bike? Here's some pics....

Oh, it's a ZX9R, btw.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Buying sight unseen? Maybe if it was brand spanking new from a dealer and they were throwing in a model to go along with it...What about the stories behind this bike that you have only seen pictures of? To risky if you ask me. It's not like you can send it back...just my $.02

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If I was buying overseas, I'd feel cheated if I didn't get the 636. Hit eBay up. I see 'em go for $4000 to $4500. Localbar also seems to run across a ton for sale in NY all the time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
haven't you heard of all the the big scam artist scandal with bikes or what? was the bike ridicuosly priced? maybe the scandal was foreigners buying bikes and sending bad checks or somthing, but dude sight unseen.

·
Registered
345 Posts
this same guy has my chrome 636 for sale on traderonline.com. he is asking 6000.00 for it. i emailed him and acted interested, he told me that he had just moved to spain. the phone number that he gave was someone elses and when i asked for a number to contact him about setting up a payment he said he did not have one. i looked at some more cheaply priced bikes on there and he is selling 10 or more the same way. he gets you to send him a deposit and guess what you never see it again. this sucks but the same thing is being done on ebay. i also know of someone calling and telling you that they will buy the bike that you have for sale and give you more money than you are asking so that you don't sell to anyone else. they send you a cashiers check from a bank and you crate your bike and send it off. a few days later the bank tells you that the bank check was a forgery and you have no money and no bike. NINJARIDER(BEWARE).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.