Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get another step away from being a "squid". (I'd still like an explination of what a squid actually is, I would assume if I have to ask I am one [:I])

There are two jackets I'm tring to find. My local shop does not have them in my size. Ebay does not have them either from what I can find.

Looking for some input on the place place to buy a Joe Rocket Atomic in green XL or Meteor 4 XL in grren.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
76 Posts
if this is ur first experience buying a jacket, lemme tell you that you really really want to spend the money on a good solid leather jacket.

A good jacket will not only give you better protection but will also give you a bit more confidence.

I was in an accident last weekend, I was wearing a summer mesh jacket by fieldsheer when I went down at 25 mph on the freeway. The jacket held up, but at any higher velocity I probably wouldn't have been as lucky.

I have seen my friends go down on the track in there leathers (RS Taichi, Dainese and Kushitani) they were able to walk away from their falls at approx. 70 - 100 mph unscathed.

You may want to consider the Alpine Stars Stunt, It's a really comfortable and breatheable leather jacket and it's relatively affordable. of course if you had the money to spend, Dainese is where I would put my cash. Plus if you decide to track later on, sometimes leather jackets can be zipped up to a pair of leather pants for full safety on a track day.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have the First Gear speed jacket and pants. I have only gone down in them at 15mph and they were fine. They aren't full leather, and are decent for the summertime...lots of ventilation. One of the guys at a local shop rides a V-Max and he went down at around 60 on the highway, and was also fine. He swears by his gear and I do to. The only drawback I can find, is I can't use them for track days. But for the occasional hard street riding I do, it is fine. My jacket and pants do zip together and there is good padding in both. Paid around 250 for the jacket and 200 for the pants, so they aren't too expensive.
I agree with Silent27tt on spending your money on some good gear. It will be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hey I am not sure where in Philly you live, we should hook up sometime, I have the same bike! If your familar with Montgomeryville Cycle in Hatfield on 309 you should stop by they have a nice selection of coats leather, nylon, mesh whatever you want and they aren't that much of a markup...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't had my first track day yet but a couple of track day sponsors require "leather" and a "full circumference zipper" for connecting to pants. Just a couple of options that you might want to look for when shopping around.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does anyome know if the black meteor 4 jacket has that reflective stripe?....It doesnt show it in the picture but its odd that they would put it on all the other colors except the black.

Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
squirrly + kid = SQUID

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.