Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have $6000 in hand
I have experience riding and hill cimbing dirt bikes in the coal reigons of pa
I will be a new on road motorcyclist but I want to stunt in parking lots and what not to get the hang of stunting
What bike would you recommend for a beginner :

Here's what my plan is so far
I've been looking at the 2020 KTM Rc 390 because I'm a new motorcyclist and want to stunt on a lighter weight bike till I can move up to a more powerful bigger bike
While im learing I wanted to buy a 636 and add and make mods that will be there when im prepared to make the step

What are your thoughts on my plan and any bike recommendations for my beginner level?

·
Registered
344 Posts
What sort of stunts are you looking to do? This isn't my scene, but I've been known to do a bit of drifting in my day. Ryanfortnine on Youtube has some interesting ideas.
, these are "safish" some risk, but you're probably not going to kill yourself trying.

For some stunts, having a smaller bike is preferable, drifting is a lot easier when you have the additional leeway that comes from having a lighter bike. But, trying to do wheelies on a Ninja 250 is very hard to do and mostly involves using bodyweight to lift the front end. (There are youtube videos)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've decided on a 2005 zx6r I talked to some stunters and they said I would outgrow the rc 390 in a season and should just step up and respect the bike
I'm looking to do wheelies and what not if you look up stunt riding that would be what I'm looking to do I plan on starting in parking lots as most do in the scene the bike Im purchasing has the cage and everything but a 12 bar because there is a debate on having one or not because of bending the sub-frame with the 12 bar and using scrapuing the exhaust is cheaper than bending the subframe
im still reading up and watching videos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts