Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just joined this thing tonight lol i need help
theres this bike im looking at. A 2000 zx6r and i need help and some thoughts. I just don't want to get ripped off or having a bad bike and ending my life.
4000 miles
2500$
need brakes bled
and carbs cleaned supposedly
The guy says at 60mph at i think 6000rpms it starts to bog out he says that the cabrs need to be clean. Is that correct or could there be soemthing else wrong with it. He also says that the previous owner had an accident buh it was only cosmetics. Here are some pictures of the bike.
Thank You

·
Registered
336 Posts
for $2500 bucks i would say go for it. everything else can be fixed. as car as the carbs, the bogging out sounds about right. just clean them or if you dont know how take em to a local shop and have em cleaned. i dont think it cost much. gl!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Does he have all the plastics? If not you might want to re think it. The front end alone can cause you lots of money specially if you dont have the headlight assembly (probably going to cost you an extra 1500-2000), you'll be better of buying another bike that has everything...just my 2 cents.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's another picture it comes with the track front fairing and he said that i could just get some fog lights to make it "street legal"

but ive seen some stock upper fairings that would cost $200 and the lights about $250 is that a prett good price?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Buy that fucking bike and get it on the track!! Hell yes, If I saw that deal, I am pretty sure I would jump on it.

Just my $0.02

--David

·
Registered
474 Posts
crap erased my reply on accident... anyway to keep it short.. for a track bike its a good deal.. to put it on the street, I wouldnt bother...

the fact that the wheel and front fender colors dont match the tail and tank lead me to believe there is more to the story of this bike than the selling is telling you...

·
Registered
293 Posts
[:Agree]The pict from the real makes it liik like the tail and wheel are not lined up. I'd look it over carefully for a bent frame. A bent rear frame can be replaced. I fthe main frame i sbent you will be looking at replacing it with serious $$ and work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW i never notived that i think im just going to leave this bike alone after hearing all this theres something up with the bike so im just going to wait for another bike. thanks guys

·
Registered
336 Posts
yea why would he be replaceing the fairings? almost all of them in that case...it just dont add up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by ohhollowthere
WOW i never notived that i think im just going to leave this bike alone after hearing all this theres something up with the bike so im just going to wait for another bike. thanks guys
Good move..... be patient and shop around. I am pretty sure you can find a good bike or a newer bike for 3-5g's without any headache.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That thing has major damage written all over it. And it doesn't run right either. He's giving you a huge line of BS. Your doing the right thing. Run away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
to check frame damage you are going to try fittingthe lower faring and see it does not hit the front wheel becarful on this one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeh guys thanks this guy is bullshit besides his posting has been up on craigslist for a while and noone has bought it either so im just going to wait. Besides im still 15 still got plenty of time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.