I want to order a C.E. Spine protector.
Will any brand fit?

*If so what do you recommened
**Any reviews

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did not think about it not reaching the lower back. So, for a daily commuter would you say that a internal spine protector is not neccesary?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm actually a daily commuter, my bike is my only form of transportation.
I figure my spine is one of the more important things I want to protect so I got the Knox race version because it covers the lower back.
Given the stupidity, lack of attention most cagers are know for, I do think that something is better than nothing. I think the street is actually where you should be wearing the most "hard core" protection....lots more dangers on the street IMO.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used the Knox protector from my Violator suit in my MotoGP jacket on the street. It does not extend to the lower back.

I'm not a daily commuter, but would consider a full back protector if I were. I've worn my full length protector under my MotoGP jacket and it fits just fine.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Knox has several different back protectors, only the Contour "race" model extends to cover the tail bone...you may have had a different one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just about to order the Joe Rocket spine protector and since most of you agree that the knox full length is the best i guess i will just have to wait and think about it a little more.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's really up to you and what you're willing to wear. If you get the Knox and then decide it's too much trouble to use since it's not a part of the jacket, it's ultimately worse than one of the regular protectors.
I know that for me personally, I want the best protection for what I consider a hostile riding environment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts