Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah around 8-10k when u really give her...I hear a buzzzzzzzzzz sound and I've found out that it's my clutch lever......soooooooo I was wondering how to tighten that bitch up.....because the gable is find..it's just the lever itself rattles and buzzes @ high rpms.....

Does anyone else get this?

·
Registered
560 Posts
that tends to be problem all around. i always keep one finger on it anyway, so it doesnt to it, but thats just me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
it is an easy fix. take the clutch perch apart and pull out the collar that is inside the lever. its the bearing if you will that surrounds the bolt that secures the clutch lever on.

ok, coat this collar in grease inside and out then put it back together covered in grease. wipe off the excess grease when finished and now the free play in the collar will be eliminated by the grease and the noise will never come back again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Damn! All this noise & it only needed some lube. Lube seems to come in handy for many things. :D

Thanks for the post playaz. I've ask on here before how to fix that, but nobody has ever answered me (at least that I'm aware of).

Do you by chance have any pics of the part you mention to grease?

·
Registered
810 Posts
holy shit is that what that fuckin noise is ? [:0] I had the same problem but never picked up on the source

damn. Now maybe ill get some lube too, that shit was driving me NUTS

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
holy shit is that what that fuckin noise is ? [:0] I had the same problem but never picked up on the source
[:Stupid]

·
Registered
232 Posts
phew... i thought i was the only one.. i was ready to take apart my bike to figure it out!!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer
Damn! All this noise & it only needed some lube. Lube seems to come in handy for many things. :D
Bwah!! Just don;t get the KY and the WD mixed up, might cause some irritation.

Hmm, i haven;t had an noises like that yet. I guess I'll go ahead and throw some lube on thier so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by playaz0429
it is an easy fix. take the clutch perch apart and pull out the collar that is inside the lever. its the bearing if you will that surrounds the bolt that secures the clutch lever on.

ok, coat this collar in grease inside and out then put it back together covered in grease. wipe off the excess grease when finished and now the free play in the collar will be eliminated by the grease and the noise will never come back again.

BUMP FOR PIMPTASTIC SOLUTION....:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Even more pimp solution:

Slap some Pazzos shorties on that puppy!

2-finger lever action is the tits!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.