Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2005 ZX-6R with a two brothers pipe, and I have been having issues installing a Clear Alternatives integrated tail light kit. I think the TB came with a different turn signal connector(not sure as I bought the bike with the pipe on it), and I tried stripping the wires and testing it, but nothing I did caused the signals to blink.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pics to see what I'm talking about:

this is the red connectors the kit came with, along with the resistor. I assume you put each wire in and push the red thing down til it shoves the metal clamp onto the wires. Anyone know?

this is me holding what I think is the two brothers connector, and the thing I think is the stock connector cut and stripped beside it. When I connected the "TB" connector to the yellow wire out of the light, it lit it solid amber, but didn't blink when I hit turn signal. It was the only connection that caused the light to go amber as best I could tell.

this is an view of the place I think the stock connectors were that I stripped.

This last one is an overview of all the connections, TB on bottom right, stock stripped right beside it, stock stripped above, and the two yellow wires coming from the tail light.

Sorry for the long post

I have no idea how electrical stuff works, so if anyone can tell me what to plug where I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
651 Posts
that connector that you're holding up looks like a OEM connector. Just remember that there are 3 connectors on that side of the bike(Lt turn, Rt turn, and license plate light). So when you say that you hooked it up and it lite up solid, i'm guessing that you were using the plate light plug and not a turn signal. Look for the other two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.