Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several posts and addressing the fitment issues I am ready to install the tail back on the bike. I clipped the signal light wire right at the stock signal light so as to leave enough wire for the tie in. My question is this. What are the correct hook ups for the yellow wires to connect to?

·
Registered
78 Posts
connect it to the gray(right-side) and green(left-side)

thats what i did, but i ride an '06... not sure if '05 is the same

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the park and brake light working but still no luck on the turn sigs. Please help. I must be overlooking something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tail light wire color codes:

Tail Light Plug:
# Black-Ground
# Blue-Tail Light
# Red-Brake Light

Signal Light Wiring:
# Green-Right Side Amber LEDs
# Yellow-Left Side Amber LEDs

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done. Have to haul it all apart again tomorrow cause the light dropped down already and the lights blink fast. If I knew there were as many problems with this light I prob wudda waited longer to get it or. Went with something else. Had it together enough to go for a lil scoot but noticed the belts showing thru the tire.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many other ppl had problems with thiers and if so what were they? Has anyone tried to take both lights apart and switch the LED boards out into the stock light?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, iam in the process of installing mine and iam stuck in the exact same place. How or where do i wire the resistor(damn spelling) Yellow to gray for Rt side, Yellow to green for lt side but what about the resistors???

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought the front flushmounts and the rear integrator, did not have to use the resistors, blinks at the normal rate. You should probably check the blink rate before wiring up the resisters. Used positive wires from each signal. Had no problems at all.

-If any of you need to wire up the resistors and still haven't figured it out, I can explain it better than the instructions if you would like me to.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I didn't use the resistors, they blink just like the stock signals. I'm glad too, I didn't know where to fit those resistors.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I installed my taillight integrator and flush mount fronts, blinks fine with no resisters, only problem I had was I forgot to take the little rubber bushing out of the factory taillight and put it into the integrator....did that and everything looks good (just wish I woulda went with the smoked inegrator right away, now I gotta buy the one I want and sell the clear)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I installed mine last night, no problems. The taillight plug was tight as hell but i was able to get it to go in. Yellow from CA to Green wire on bike and Boom its good. I didnt install the resistor's i like the fast blink blink blink blink blink blink Iam hoping it send the guy in the car behind into seizures...LOL[B)]

"damn i lost my keys"

·
Registered
62 Posts
i used the resistor that was provided in the package. I have a CA tail light and euro flush in the front (both smoke). I tried wiring everything without the resistors and the blinking rate seems ok but when I wired the resistors, it slowed it down a lil more. So if you guys think that the blinking rate is ok without the reisitors, you're wrong. It's a lil faster than the normal rate.

·
Registered
167 Posts
when i did mine i tried it with and without the resistors supplied by ca. there was no difference on my setup, so maybe there is a different amount of resistance between bulb manufacturers? the front euros i have came with 1156 bulbs, not sure what brand they are.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had problems with mine fitting up against the tail section snug, I could only get it close with about an eighth inche gap which kinda pissed me off, i also had problems with hooking up the wires, I could get my left side to blink like stock but my right blinked real dim and fast, As for trying to put a different LED board in, it should fit the only hard part is getting the cover off, you my have to put it into th oven or use a heat gun to loosen up glue. The wires eventually frayed apart on my CA tail light so I just put the stock one back on and made my own FE kit out of stock parts, since I am now broke...also I cut off the bracket and painted it black...
Originally posted by dzld636
How many other ppl had problems with thiers and if so what were they? Has anyone tried to take both lights apart and switch the LED boards out into the stock light?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you put the stock rubber from your stock tail light to your CA tail? i think that eighth of an inch is that rubber from your stock..

·
Registered
449 Posts
yup at first i didnt, then I remebered it so I put it on and it just didnt fit nice and snug like the stock one did...oh well I wasnt to keen on the green tail light anyways, I kinda like the looks of the clear one, plus without spending any money I think it looks okay.

·
Registered
449 Posts
ya well I kinda had a little mis-hap with the CA tailight when I thought it would be a good idea to put it straight pipe on and didnt take into consideration that the exhaust heat would melt the living hell outta my tail light [:M7], so by the time I got around the block and back home the lens was barely hanging on and the house of the light was warped and melted as well, so all that I was able salvage was the LED board (which Iam still trying to figure out what I am going to do with it)...any Ideas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.