Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in northern Va and we head out to 210 (indian head highway) all the time. So anyways we were rollin 6-7 riders and i was leading.
i glance over across the median to c this truck flashing his beams and stickin his arm out of the window pointed back. i let off the gas and 1/4 mile up the road speed traps 2 right across from each other.
This taught not all cagers are asshOles:D would have been at 90- 95 mph in a 55. has this happened to ne one else

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
A while a back in my honda, there was a guy on a kawi lookin' back and doing wheelies and shit. My radar detector went off so when he came back down next to me I mouthed the word's "po-po" and pointed to my detector, just incase. Sure enough on the otherside of the hill was a state trooper.

I shouldn't have helped him get away with acting stupid, but I may be speeding and want someone to do the same one day, so I did. After he passed the cop he gave me a little wave thing, kinda like the biker wave, but more half-assed because I was in a car and he didn't want anyone to see him wave to me wave.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
I was riding like 75 in a 55 once when I had a car flash me. I was on a country road in the middle of nowhere so I figured he was just angry that I was riding too fast. Either way, I slowed down. Sure enough, I come around a corner and there's like four police cars doing radar. I used to go like 90 through that section because it opens up for about 1/4 mile or so. That would have hurt.

G

·
anyone know if u can get pulled over or something if another cop sees u doing this? i passed a speed trap this morning on the other side of the road. usually i dont warn other people, but i guess i felt like being nice today :D and started flashing my high beam. i quit after i saw a cop car up ahead.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Most of us on two wheels also drive cages (especially as we get older, have family obligations, etc), so it's not that far-fetched to get a helping hand from someone - it just might be one of us in "family" or "work" mode...

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
anyone know if u can get pulled over or something if another cop sees u doing this? i passed a speed trap this morning on the other side of the road. usually i dont warn other people, but i guess i felt like being nice today and started flashing my high beam. i quit after i saw a cop car up ahead.
Yeah, I've hear that you can get obstruction of justice or some bs. I don't see how they could really enforce it though. I always try to warn other bikers with a flash of the highbeam or a pat on the helmet. I usually warn the cages too if they aren't driving like an asshole. I know I'd want someone to help me out in that situation. I think cops should have better things to do than sit and wait for speeders. I am not against driving safely or anything, its just that they like to post up in sneaky places. Like when the limit changes all of a sudden, or when your coasting down a hill and have to ride the brakes to keep from speeding.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE

Yeah, I've hear that you can get obstruction of justice or some bs. I don't see how they could really enforce it though. I always try to warn other bikers with a flash of the highbeam or a pat on the helmet. I usually warn the cages too if they aren't driving like an asshole. I know I'd want someone to help me out in that situation. I think cops should have better things to do than sit and wait for speeders. I am not against driving safely or anything, its just that they like to post up in sneaky places. Like when the limit changes all of a sudden, or when your coasting down a hill and have to ride the brakes to keep from speeding.
Amen to that!

I always warn people.. I go out of my way to warn people. I've had a few people save my ass on several instances before. You learn to appreciate the warning! However, with that said, sometimes when I warn people they either get pissed off or look at me like I'm stupid.. Are people really that ignorant to not have a clue why I might be flashing my lights at them? Trying to help ya buddy.. don't flip me off. :(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have had a few cagers warn me of speed traps. I try to warn people if I can, for bikes I will do the helmet tap, cars I will flash and give the slow down signal.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ALWAYS HELP OUT OTHER PEOPLE ON BIKES , cars too , we should all look out for eachother ,
guys in the NOVA area riding tomorrow or anytime soon??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'd have to agree with Alex. It's good to help everyone out by letting them know of cops up ahead.

Especially us being part of the whole stereotyped motorcycle group, we need to warn other riders of cops even if they are acting stupid. The fewer bikes each cop happens to see doing illegal things, the less negative feelings they will have towards all of us bikes in general...and in the end it helps everyone out. The less motorcycle b.s. they have to deal with in general, the less eager they will be to pull over the guy cruising with the flow of traffic because his license plate is at wrong angle or his blinkers aren't D.O.T approved, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.