Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was fun I actually raced a RSX and won lol. It was fun but I shutdown at about 70.

But today, I was basically almost in an accident. So far I've put about 400 miles on in city and country traffic.

Here is the scenario:

I was at a red light turning right, light turned green so I was looking through my turn. I then proceed to accelerate and shift into second from about 7-8K rpm. All of a sudden some mini van pulls from a gas station across 2 lanes of traffic to the other side and stops right in my lane (too much traffic and he couldn't merge).

My reaction was to use both brakes which saved me. I at this point was going around 20-30 mph in the outside lane (the one he stopped in parallel). I was able to keep the bike upright and stop suddenly. I then laid on my horn and just was in utter shock. He then flipped me off as if I was in the wrong.

To be honest, I wanted to jump off my bike and smash in his window or face. The MSF class and my thought process helped me get through my first actual accident situation. I've had so many people cut me off, change lanes into me, stop abruptly and I see why cagers suck balls :buzzsaw:
Maybe share stories? Or boost my rep jk

· Registered
2,955 Posts
Well yesterday was fun I actually raced a RSX and won lol. It was fun but I shutdown at about 70.
You are racing vehicles on the road and you only have 400 miles of experience under your belt? Please tell me that I am interpreting your post wrong.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You are racing vehicles on the road and you only have 400 miles of experience under your belt?
From a dead stop on a straight away. Yes. I could have 4,000 miles under my belt and you could still ask the same question. You can go down at any moment, am I doing wheelies? No. How about going too fast in corners? No. Am I pushing my limits? No.

I know my lack of experience and such, I'm basically pointing out to new riders they should take the MSF class.

If I didn't take it my initial reaction in this situation would have been to use the front brake and who knows.

· Registered
2,955 Posts
From a dead stop on a straight away. Yes. I could have 4,000 miles under my belt and you could still ask the same question. You can go down at any moment, am I doing wheelies? No. How about going too fast in corners? No. Am I pushing my limits? No.

I know my lack of experience and such, I'm basically pointing out to new riders they should take the MSF class.

If I didn't take it my initial reaction in this situation would have been to use the front brake and who knows.
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I was just concerned that a rider may be pushing their limits too quickly... but then again, anything could happen to a person with 20k miles under their belt as well. Guess I was just concerned like I said before.

Anyway, I have a run-in with a cager almost every day out in my area. People don't pay attention, don't use turn signals, drive erratically, etc and don't even think about motorcycles. Gotta stay sharp and be prepared at all times which is unfortunate. Oh well, guess that's part of enjoying the hobby of motorcycling.

· Registered
277 Posts
I was cruising in the carpool lane (legal here for motorcycles) and had a guy jump from a dead stop from a lane to the right into my path. I hit the binders at about 50MPH and was planning on how I was gonna land on his trunk when at the last second he punched it hard enough to let me scrub off enough speed and end up a couple feet behind him, then it came, He flipped me off. I was so pissed and shocked I thought I would kill him with my bare hands. Luckily traffic backed up and I just split lanes by him and returned the bird as I went by. What a tard.

· Registered
277 Posts
Can't believe the douchebags in both stories had the nerve to flip you guys off. I wonder if they seriously believed they did nothing wrong. Or maybe they just felt stupid and didn't know how to respond except with aggression.
That is what was so shocking to me. He was so in the wrong, for starters he pulled into the carpool lane across a double line (illegal to enter here) and second he was the only one in the car (gotta be 2 or more or a motorcycle).I figured the guy was just having a really bad day or maybe just a self centered PSYCHO.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe how people are clearly in the wrong, yet have the udacity to show aggression towards us.

And no harm lol. Sometimes it's hard to see the tone when it's written online or whatever. I think out of all my friends that ride, I am the most in tune with my limits.

· Registered
876 Posts
dam, I am so mad when people flip me off when I didnt do anything, my heart pumps like crazy and testosterone is going nuts and yes I wanna get off my bike and punch their fucking window in with my gloves... but in the end you would probably get in more trouble for what its worth... sometimes I'll pull along side them at a stop and lift my visor and say to them, learn how to drive you fucking cunt and the next time you flip me off i'll fucking shoot you and then speed off

ya I guess I should choose my words more wisely but in the heat of the moment you are ready to kill.

· Registered
277 Posts
in the heat of the moment you are ready to kill.

+1

That incident happened back in 1990. Now I am certain it would not upset me nearly as much. As cyberdos said, you learn to let it go and rarely does what cagers do phase me anymore.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.