21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
one

million

dollars

... do ya hate me yet? i can't remember what we charged last year.

·
Registered
463 Posts
SO ... is the cost of the calendars for members 14.99? Or is that what cafepress is charging per calendar? And is 9.74 the cost per calendar if a member orders more than 15? I got lost somewhere along the way. Please point me in the right direction!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
$14.99 is cost. That is what CP charges to print, sell and ship each calendar for you. You sell them for $19.99 on your store, you make $5. You sell them for $14.99, you make nothing.

CP does sell in bulk to owners of their stores (which is me). If you buy more than 15 of one item on one order, they are $9.74 each instead of $14.99. This is not an option for members or anyone else, just the owner of the store to purchase their own items. The rub is that they ship in bulk. One payment and one box to one adress instead of taking payments from individuals and shipping them out for you. But, if someone has the time and cash to do it, you could package and ship for $1.50-$2 and make an extra $3 or so. More if you buy packaging and postage in bulk. That works very well for a pre-sell instead of a buy-as-you-like type of offering we've done in the past.

I hope that explains it well enough.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is how I followed... $14.99 is the cost/unit for the forum (?). If the forum wanted to make more money, one person would order a BUNCH, charge $15 and make roughly $5.25. My guess is that the cost/unit would depend on what the past sales performance was, and then the questions would have to be asked.
How much money was made per year in past year's sales?
How much more are we hoping to make for the forums from this year's sales?
Is this calendar going to sold to other forums, maybe kawi specific, or non-specific type forums, like sportbike.com? If we are, how much more are we going to charge them because they aren't a memeber of the forum, or would we even charge more?

I like the idea for the wallpapers... if we still had access to past renditions of the calendar, we could be able to offer those as well, and keep it "rolling" with each subsequent year? Maybe store 5-7 years worth and then let the older ones fall off, being updated with the more recent calendar images.

Having recently joined the forum, I don't know the answers to these questions...

Other questions I have, How is this promoted? Is there a prominate place on the forum to put this annoucement? Is there a coming soon graphic that can be used to string along these hormone crazed members? Mini images to drive them crazy enough that they will be foaming at the mouths, ready to buy this calendar... At the top of the forum on the main page, could there be another banner created promoting the calendar with the mini image? maybe it could be a rotating thing, having several to rotate through and making it a more visually dynamic and stimulating ad.

Ok, so I've been drinking too much kool-aid, so let me stop now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I haven't been able to visit the forums lately, thanks for the quick reply marsh. I'll be looking for the updates because I have a good amount of people wanting to purchase this calendar.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.