Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a small group together to make a trip from Souther California to San Francisco and back. My plan is to get a group big enough for a fun ride but small enough to manage.

Plans are still a work in progress. This would most likely be a 2-3 day trip. I plan to take the 1 all the way up to SF, hitting a good number of beaches for rest stops along the way. I've made many trips up north on my car already so I do not need to take my bike 70-80 mph. This is more of a scenic trip.
We would start early in the day so that we can make it to SF by sunset. Stay a night or two at a motel/hotel (depends on the group) and then head back. A second night would only be necessary if people decide to stay there to shop or cruise around the bay area.

I'm a college student so this trip would have to take place on the weekend of Aug 16-18. I need to get back for class. Date, time, and a general path of travel is set. Everything else will be up for the group to decide.

As stated above, plans are still in the making and more inputs / suggestions from interested members are appreciated. Please send me a message or post here for questions.

- Tran

(My apologies for the double post. Not sure where to post this)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I just did this trip last week with my cousin. I5 to 199(redwoods) all the way to 101 down to santa cruz...through pacifica and sf. Hit up tommys joynt while youre in sf. Fucking awesome...I have tons of pics...

It's actually the 2nd time in a year that I've done.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I just did this trip last week with my cousin. I5 to 199(redwoods) all the way to 101 down to santa cruz...through pacifica and sf. Hit up tommys joynt while youre in sf. Fucking awesome...I have tons of pics...

It's actually the 2nd time in a year that I've done.
Mr. Rockefeller over here...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Let me know when you guys are here, I'll take you to alice's, etc... some of our fun roads have been chip sealed with the crappy stuff, so there's a lot of gravel, basically ruining it for sportbikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me and a buddy have been wanting to do a trip like this... Ill talk to him about it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
sounds good. just let me know.

Let me know when you guys are here, I'll take you to alice's, etc... some of our fun roads have been chip sealed with the crappy stuff, so there's a lot of gravel, basically ruining it for sportbikes.
I'll do that. Will probably message you a few days before I leave socal. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts