Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks I’m sure that there have been other threads on this school but I don’t care this is my take on it.

First and foremost these are among the most professional group of people I’ve ever met.
I had the privilege of attending the two day course on Thursday and Friday at the Streets of Willow. The curriculum was broken down into a class session followed by practical hands on track time. While on the track your riding coach watches you from a stationary position and by following you, he/she then gets in front of you or meets with you to correct your mistakes. After the riding session you meet with your coach for a debriefing. There was little down time between sessions, the instructors made sure that we stayed busy with plenty of track time yet it is not overwhelming, I was able to absorb and apply everything that I learned. The difference in my riding ability and confidence from the first session to the last was amazing. I applied what I learned yesterday in the canyons and I was blown away at how much better I could handle the turns, even the corners that repeatedly gave me trouble in the past were no problem.

I must point out that ALL of the people at the school are awesome. Keith, Dylan and Judy Code are a great bunch of folks and my riding coaches James and Misty just rock. They have the ability to give you the info that you need in such an articulate manner that you can pick it up and apply it right off the bat.

I am waiting for next years schedule to come out so I can do the follow up two day course. If you have not taken this course already you have to make an all out effort to do so.

Here are some pictures while I was at the school and a couple of our ride yesterday.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Very cool. I have a friend that has done the school and he has basically said the same that you have, awsome school, very well taught and he was able to improve both on the track and on the street. I am hoping to be albe to attend myself sometime next year. [:M11]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
That always blows me away to see that many green Kawasaki's in a row like that when I see CSS pictures.

I'm hoping to be able to experience a class of my own with the Keith and Dylan next year, myself.. Definitely look up to everyone at that organization a lot, and I know they could teach me a LOT! I'm all about improving and becoming a more technical rider. It goes a long way and you may never even notice the little improvements that you make. Hell, for that matter, it may even save your life one day just because you know how to react to an obstacle that you would normally panic with.

Big thumbs up to the California Superbike School and everyone there! It inspires me that much more every time I read feedback like this.. I can't WAIT!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by kawizx6r05
damn, i just checked out their site, that shit is expensive, but well worth it im assuming.
HELL YES it's worth it... I've never heard a SINGLE complaint.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

HELL YES it's worth it... I've never heard a SINGLE complaint.
Keith Code is a Scientologist, and CSC is listed in the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises organization (WISE). [xx(] There you go, you've heard one. [:M32]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by dragknt

Keith Code is a Scientologist, and CSC is listed in the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises organization (WISE). [xx(] There you go, you've heard one. [:M32]
So what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

How many times have you met Keith Code? Because I'll tell you he and his family are the nicest people you could meet...they know their stuff and can teach it to even you. They made us feel right at home from the start and took great care of us to the end. If Scientology made them that way then good for them... and Scientology.

Oh and not once did they bring up the subject of Scientology during the two days that we were there.

Last I checked, in the United States of America you still have the right to believe and practice what ever you want.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Originally posted by cd3kd

Last I checked, in the United States of America you still have the right to believe and practice what ever you want.
Meh. I was being mildly sarcastic.

Not only do I live in a huge city for Scientology, but I also have had a very good friend of mine convert and go completely psycho (not like unstable psycho, but the way she sees things is just ... off...) The local Scientologists are 10x worse than the protestant christians in my area, as far as recruiting and converting attempts. Anyway, so when I found out Kieth Code was a member, it just really disappointed me, because of the oppinions I have of their beliefs. You'll never hear me say he shouldn't be a scientologist, just that their whole organization sits very wrong with me. You should look into it, you'd be surprised what you'll learn. To me, it's a bad thing. That's all. [/threadjack]

Oh, btw... "could teach it to even you" ... how many times have you met me? lmao...irony...kills me.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
damn, i wanna go to that school, or just n e school like that for that matter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by ZaRussian
Just curious...Did anyone ride their own bikes there, or did you have to use the CSS bikes?
A couple of people in the level 3 or 4 class did.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have heard nothing but great things about CSS and Code's teaching abilities...I wish I lived in California....Hot chicks, great weather and the best MC roads in the country

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thumbs up to CSS ... I did the 2 Day camp (Level 1 and 2) in April 2006 and will be going back for Levels 3 and 4 in 2007. Learned a ton and it defiently made me a better rider in all aspects.

Keith is a real nice person who truly loves helping people better themsevles in all aspects.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Nice, good to see you're taking steps to improve your skills, i hope more ppl will do it.

now i just have to find the site that does it in australia.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Donkey
Nice, good to see you're taking steps to improve your skills, i hope more ppl will do it.

now i just have to find the site that does it in australia.

Well it just so happens that they have a school in Australia and here is the link.

http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was planning on doing SBS before my accident.

LOL....a pic of the top of Stunt Rd. from Saturday! (I'm the one in the silver/black leathers)

The clouds were coming right over the top of the ridge and it was eerie as fuck.

Congrats Kashy. Glad you had a blast and we will definately be putting your new found skills to the test this weekend![:p]

·
Registered
196 Posts
I recently did the Penguin school around here, and while different schools, it sounds like basically the same deal. I was absolutely AMAZED how much better of a rider I was after 1 single afternoon on the track. I now have so much better idea how my bike can perform, and always know no matter how much Im leaning on the street, the bike can lean more, such a huge confidence boost. The only complaint I could come up with, is after being on the track, the street just seems boring. I cant wait to get to the track and do some racing. But as my dad pointed out, riding on the street is a whole lot better than not riding on the street. (See, sometimes parents really do know what they're talking about)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by tweakmon

Congrats Kashy. Glad you had a blast and we will definately be putting your new found skills to the test this weekend![:p]
You betcha mister...I can't wait. [:M117]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.